1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheap place to buy kef speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Timmy B, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Timmy B

Timmy B

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone know a cheap place to buy kef speakers, mainly their reference series?

2. satch

satch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    richer sounds has cheap kef speakers i think they are older models though?

3. wilber

wilber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    It's been mentioned a number of times already (a quick search for Kef and discount or mail order reveals a few things) but just for you:

Kef don't allow dealers to ship their goods mail order (unless you can prove that you can't get to the shop as you are disabled or similar). Their reasoning (and they aren't alone B&W & Naim take the same line) is that they want to support hifi dealers with demo facilities rather than box shifters. The upshot of this is that you won't find web sites with offers of their current speakers - you can find "last years model" at Hispek or RS but that's about it.

Having said that most dealers will give 10% off of RRP if you haggle, some will give more (Superfi are happy discounters).

Advice is to get on the phone to your local dealers and see what you can get.

4. sounddog

sounddog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +461
    Not sure it's help to you due to location, etc. But I seam to remember last time I was passing that Cymbiosis in Leicester had some good prices on KEF reference series. I can't make any comment on the store (cust services, etc) as I've never bought anything from them ... and it might have been a dream I had ... but worth giving them a ring.

Their web site is http://www.cymbiosis.com/

Victoria

5. thxultra

thxultra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    robert whyte limited in glasgow deals with kef got my full range of tdms thx speakers from him very flexable with price,does mail order to.advertises in home cinema choice worth a try!!