cheap place for usa blu-ray and uk blu-ray disks?

oxymoron08

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Been using play.com and amazon.co.uk for imports and uk releases but get the impression from reading here that I can buy them alot cheap from other places.

Can anyone tell me cheap, reliable companies to buy from?

Is movietyme the one for usa releases? is it free delivery?

What about cheap places for uk blu-ray/DVD's?

Thanks for reading

Hi,

Been using play.com and amazon.co.uk for imports and uk releases but get the impression from reading here that I can buy them alot cheap from other places.

Can anyone tell me cheap, reliable companies to buy from?

Is movietyme the one for usa releases? is it free delivery?

What about cheap places for uk blu-ray/DVD's?

Thanks for reading

Prices vary far too much for any one source to be THE universally Cheap Source. Have a look at the running thread for Offers that is Here ..

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=725287

And don't forget about customs and post office fees when buying from overseas sites. :devil:

ok thanks,

do you know if i order 2-3 blu-rays from movietyme do they group the order or send them out individually.

Wanna avoid import tax.

Am I right in thinking as long as its under £18, we avoid paying import tax?

Movietyme ship everything seperate also I have never had any customs charges of them yet (been using em for 7 years also)

Brilliant! blu-ray films aint gonna cost me a whole bunch from now on!

Also there is the news that customs dues are Due to change in our favour at the end of the year.

" DVD Importation Rules Change! " .. ' A new E.U. law will be bought in on the 1st December 2008 that raises the current ridiculous import cap from a meager €22 or £18 to a massive €150 or £118 approximately!

The exact law - "Council Regulation (EC) No 274/2008 of 17 March 2008, amending Regulation (EEC) No 918/83 setting up a Community system of relief from customs duty" - to give it its full title can be read here as a PDF file!

This is basically fantastic news for UK DVD importers, as we can now stop worrying so much about being slapped with Import Duty notices for almost every single DVD box set, as most come well under the £118 limit! Shame we have to wait until the end of the year, but come December, I know many people will be importing some very lovely DVD boxed sets for themselves. I know I will! '

See here .....

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=741030

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom