1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheap PDA

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by martin day, Oct 19, 2005.

1. martin day

martin day
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone recommend a PDA roundabout £120. Must have colour screen and MP3. Really only want to use it as a organiser and to store my many different passwords I need to remember for all the different systems on my PC at work and at home.

Realise this amount prob doesn't give much choice but I'm even open to buying second hand/refurb if it means getting a better spec. I've read some reviews for PALM Tunsgten E2 i believe but I'm a bit concerend that you can't replace the battery on this?

2. Uridium

Uridium

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,858
    I just sold an XDAIIs as it was a great PDA but crap phone. needed a cheap PDA for similar reasons to yourself and also SatNav.

Picked up a MINT secondhand Toshiba E330 Pocket PC off Ebay for £65. this seems to be a common price for these.

Great little device, admittedly not as fast as the XDA but does everything I ask of it.

Failing that I noticed Argos seem to have a stock of some Sony Clie PDA's they are selling off for about £60ish. Can't remember the exact model but seem to recall a 22 in the model number.

Oh Pocket PC's don't make great MP3 players, seems a good idea but the battery life isn't up to the job I found.

3. dood

dood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    I've had a tungsten E for nearly 2 years and the battery hasn't been a problem yet. I like it a lot, MP3 requires an SD card. The only down side is that it is not a phone, although e-mails are easy if you link with a mobile phone via infrared. Now I want a PDA phone that does everything that the palm does, but must be a good phone too, and not bulky. Just not sure what will fit the bill.

4. Uridium

Uridium

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,858
    When I said "Pocket PC's don't make great MP3 players as the battery life isn't up to the job I found." I'm probably being a bit picky I guess.

I used to get about 3 hours out of my XDAIIs battery when playing MP3's, in comparison to my Sony HD Walkman that gives me about 20hrs