Cheap Panny DMR ES10

Many thanks - obviously in short supply now, but a 'bargain' at the price - 'Which' rated highly previously at double the price - I managed to get one at Oxford, Botley Road Argos store today - 24/08
tenbee2

tenbee
bought one today myself,are you multi-regioning it?

Hi Lewie,
Early days for me - this is first introduction for me into DVD recording, but I'm interested in recording and playing DVD's to and from Australia - 1e - recording here family camcorder recordings and transmitting to Australia and vice-versa as well as possibly sending ,say, SKY recordings - football and National Geographic type doumentaries - to Sydney. Note - this is first step for me !

tenbee2 said:
Hi Lewie,
Early days for me - this is first introduction for me into DVD recording, but I'm interested in recording and playing DVD's to and from Australia - 1e - recording here family camcorder recordings and transmitting to Australia and vice-versa as well as possibly sending ,say, SKY recordings - football and National Geographic type doumentaries - to Sydney. Note - this is first step for me !

Firstly best of luck with Panny - I think they are on all round basis the best. But if you look at posts I and others have made on this and other sub forums you may find that some of your recipents may not be able to play DVD-R's produced on your Panny.

Also when I was in NZ and also when my son was in Oz we were able to watch Premiership games live inc a Sat 3.00 KO game providing we were willing to stay up/ get up at the appropriate hour!. Consequently I think your Oz cousins can record this for themselves

Hi Analogue and Thanks - I take your point.

My son does in fact see some - if not all - football matches broadcast 'Down Under', but would like to see more of Spurs and I would like him to see more of Sunderland !

I am somewhat confused about general playability of different DVD ratings and I suspect I shall have to progress through 'Trial & Error' method - wedding pics produced in Sydney on a format categorically excluded from my existing Toshiba's DVD player manual, for example,turned out absolutely fine. I shall step cautiously into this new function.

Argos is a nightmare trying to find stock. However, Currys has some stock left. Ring 0870 609 7163 and ask which branches still carry the machine. I picked up an unboxed, instructionless one for £65, otherwise they're £70. Have got the instruction PDF from Panny and the box - well for that price (and RGB recording, to boot) who cares? :thumbsup:

In case anyone missed it the ES15 doesn't record RGB only routes through, as does the Sony RDR-GX120, even though the literature would have you believe otherwise. :mad:

Our local branch of Currys apparently had two left. One which had the front panel totally smashed and one which they couldn't find:rolleyes: Sooner or later I'll get my hands on one of these!

In case anyone missed it the ES15 doesn't record RGB only routes through, as does the Sony RDR-GX120, even though the literature would have you believe otherwise. :mad:

And don't get us started about the Samsung DVD-R125 and RGB, although mine has been "fixed" and does record RGB now.

I also bought the Panny ES10 earlier this year when Tesco were selling them off for £109. Replaced the inlaws old VCR with it, and it is a cracking DVD Recorder. If it wasn't for the HDMI and DivX on my Samsung I would have kept it and given the Samsung to the inlaws.

Snap it up for that price if you can find one.

are these rgb IN and also component out?

azz

Er, yup. That's how I'm hooking mine up. And it's not just 'in' (like some other models mentioned here) but 'record' too.

Sky - RGB SCART - ES10 - Component - LG 42PC1D.

Seems a waste using component for watching stuff recorded from Sky (which is about the poorest source you can get) but everything else is connected over HDMI and VGA.

Finally managed to get hold of one of these from Richer Sounds in Cambridge. Not the cheapest place people have managed to get them from but the nearest place to me that had any in stock and they had plenty of the multi-regional in stock. Must be the shortest time I've ever spent in Cambridge shopping - 15 minutes from getting off the train to getting the train back again! Going to try and pick up some blank discs today to have a play.:clap:

I am currently trying to find one of these machines. Does anyone know where I can get on cheap? I've tried phoning the Currys stock line and was told that they don't stock the machine.

Does anyone know where I could pick up one (especially for £70). I'm in Northampton, but could go to Coventry, Milton Keynes, Leicester or Loughborough.

If anyone knows who has them in stock, please let me know!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom