1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheap Official Panasonic Desk Stand

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by jabowen, Jan 21, 2005.

1. jabowen

jabowen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Just a heads up for anyone interested in getting a cheap Panasonic Desk Stand for their lovely pannies.

The link below takes you a seller on ebay ("ultimateleasing")who regularly sells two or three types of Panasonic Desk Stand. I got my brand new boxed TYST42PA20 for a buy-it-now price of $30 - (please note as far as I am aware the PX20 which they also sell does not fit the 6 or 7 series). Anyone who has one of these will no how much they weigh - so it's no surprise the shipping cost $116. Still with the current high currency rates, that made a total price for me of £78. The cheapest I can find it online in the UK is £140 inc delivery at Empire Direct.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5741782909&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

Although it says 3-7 days shipping to the UK on the website, mine took exactly 2 weeks to arrive via airmail (maybe due to its weight, or maybe Parcelforce sitting on it for a bit). Either way it was despatched the day after I paid. Great service, great product, great price.

2. adrian.stewart

adrian.stewart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    jabowen,

Great tip. I just got mine delivered after 7 days. Makes you wonder why anyone would buy in the UK when they are so readily available from the US.

3. Steve_P

Steve_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    Panasonic US ships its panels complete with pedestal stand, they are not classed as an optional extra. So if customers decide on a different mounting option then an abundance of surplus pedestals is created. IMHO Panny Consumer UK could learn a few valuable lessons from its stablemates in the US and Japan.

S.

4. adymartin

adymartin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it's another case of rip-off britain for you!!

at least nowadays, the common man can fight back. I've saved a fortune importing from the states in the past. let's just hope the exchange rate remains favourable! :thumbsup:

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    JVC UK do this and it means dealers with loads in stockrooms or the being binned, not great for the environment or purchase price......but a faor point i prefer the no included mount option (great) as unless you want some thing other than included mount its wasted...... pity they do seem to try a take the Mike with prices tho

6. echo3

echo3
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    £78 sounds a bargain. I presume you can't get hold of cheap component video boards there aswell? Would they be compatible with PAL equipment? seen one for $110, but it was TY-42TM6Z and not TY-42TM6ZC. I presume the C works with PAL and non-C with NTSC? Can anyone confirm?

echo3.

7. CrossyX

CrossyX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +151
    Does this fit the Panasonic TH-42PW7B . Sorry for the Dumb question. :(

Ta Crossy

8. stevelup

stevelup

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +842
    PAL / NTSC only relate to composite and s-video. They have no impact on component.

Unless they have been deliberately clobbered, I can't think of any reason why the US boards would not work in a UK panel.

9. CrossyX

CrossyX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +151
    Anyone about to order 1 from av-sales , but if this fits ile get it from ebay.

Ta Crossy

10. CrossyX

CrossyX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +151
    Anyone ????????

11. jabowen

jabowen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Sorry for delay in getting back to you CrossyX - yes it will fit the 42 inch version (has adjustable screws for the different sizes) - model number is actually 42PA20 - make sure you do get the PA20 stand though, as I understand it the PX won't fit! See my original post.