• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Cheap non in-ear headphones for iPod

saguy

Can anybody recommend some cheap headphones for my new iPod shuffle which I shall be using at work as in-ear headphones hurt my ears. I want to spend as little as possible as I already have a huge expensive headphone collection - £500 to £600. I am looking for something equal or better than the supplied iPod in-ear phones. What are the cheap Sennheiser headphones like - PX 30 for about £9.00? If the cheapies are rubbish I am prepared to spend a bit more

drljames

I have a pair of these...

Sennheiser PX 100 Mini-Headphones

£24.99 on play (i paid more though)

Well impressed with them.

WhyAyeMan

PX200 worth a look if you need closed (although i doubt they offer much isolation so not sure if they are worth it over the 100's).

I'd also look into the Koss KSC-75 which have something of a legendary status over at headfi.

saguy

PX200 worth a look if you need closed (although i doubt they offer much isolation so not sure if they are worth it over the 100's).

I'd also look into the Koss KSC-75 which have something of a legendary status over at headfi.

They don't have to be closed - it's a comfort thing. I wonder how comfortable the Koss's are with the behind the ear clamp - they are going really cheap on Amazon.

sk8

I've got the PX200s and they are very comfortable to wear and keep the sound in well not to annoy my fellow commuters

saguy

I ordered the Koss KSC-75's for the bargain price of £9 new from Amazon. If I don't like them I can always try the Sens.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom