1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheap LCD question

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Synchro, Oct 31, 2003.

1. Synchro

Synchro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I've just bought a cheap 15 inch LCD (lodos !! 299.99 from Sainbury's) its only for the bedroom and to be honest is not bad !
    However I am running it off the second RF out from the Sky digibox thro a magic eye my problem is the sound is only mono and very tinney.
    If I switch the TV setting to av-1, av-2 or RGB a stereo symbol comes up but I am using the RF socket (TV) any ideas chaps?

I need to plug the unit in on the sky box direct to the scart and use av-1 and test it. Will a normal antenna input be mono only ?

But maybe i'm doing something wrong :(

Thanks

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,907
    Normal antenna input from internal sources (i.e. anything which "creates" an RF - aerial - signal inside your home) will be in mono. Stereo sound via an RF - aerial - connection uses NICAM. As far as I know, there are no domestic devices which will generate a NICAM signal for your TV to receive.

Analog broadcast TV does have NICAM and will, therefore be in stereo when received directly by your set.

The only way to get stereo into a TV from a non-broadcast source in your home, (VHS, DVD, Set Top Box etc) is by using AV connections of some type.