Question Cheap large screen TV for less than £600

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by Daf123, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Daf123

Daf123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I bought a 40" Sony KDL 2000 LED TV around 12 years ago for £1300 and it has just gone BANG! It had a really good 1080P picture on it and has served me well. Since buying the TV I have moved house and now have a long narrow living room. I sit around 2.5m away from the TV and the rest of the seating extends out to 4m away. 90% of the time we watch Sky Q HD, 5% of Standard Dev and I suspect we'll play with Netflix 4K and 4K DVDs for the other 5%, once we get the chance.

Like everyone else I'd like a massive OLED but I've decided that they are too rich for me at the moment so I want a bit of a stop gap until the prices come down. Something that will last 3-4 years I suspect.

Richer Sounds have a Samsung UE55MU6400, LG 55UJ670V and Panasonic TX58EX700B all for a quid short of £600. I'm tempted with the Panny. What else should I consider?

Thanks in advance.

2. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,943
    The Panasonic is the best option and has recently seen a very big price cut, I would get that model.

Alternative would be the Hisense 55N6800 or Sony 55XE70xx series..all really very good TVs for the money.

Wouldn't consider the Samsung or LG you mentioned personally.

3. Daf123

Daf123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the quick reply. If I raid the kid's piggy bank for another £50 is it worth going for the Hisense or Sony that you mentioned? Are they worth the extra?

I suspect I'll then enter the loop of "but if you spend another £100 there's even a better telly!"

4. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,943
    Well not really because they aren't any better or worse, well in fact they can be considered worse because they are smaller.

Really looking at pushing the price up to models like the Samsung MU70xx or Sony XE85xx to get a marked upgrade over the Panasonic and even then many people won't notice a difference.