Cheap In-Ear Headphones For Creative Zen Stone Plus

SBanga

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Just a quick question regarding the Creative Zen Stone Plus's headphones.

Basically are they any good? I'm in the process of ordering one for a trip abroad and need some cheap and cheerful 'phones to go with it. I already own a pair of Sony MDR-ED21LP and find them simple and easy to use and quite bassy in the sound department. Would it be worth my while upgrading to some better (albeit not very expensive) ones?

The first slightly expensive headphones I bought were the first Sony earbuds (EX70s maybe) a few years ago. Total waste of £30. The volume levels were atrocious, maybe down to their poor sensitivity. I think the newer EX71s have a sensitivity of 100dB compared to 108dB of the MDR-ED21LPs. Is this what made such a huge difference? The quality was OK but I could never get them rocking.

Would the Sennheiser CX-300s be OK for their reasonable price? They seem to have a high sensitivity but something tells me this is not the only measure of how loud they go.

Basically I want some headphones, which are good for hip hop (ie. as bassy as possible) and go as loud (if not louder) than the simple Sony MDR-ED21LPs.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: How about these?

24 views and no ideas at all? :(

Does nobody have any ideas on some cheap earbuds??

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
when you say cheap, how cheap is cheap?

I'd say £30 tops. I'm leaning towards the V-Moda Bass Freq headphones as they seem to go pretty loud. Unfortunately, the Zen Stone Plus isn't the loudest of players so I need something that'll boost it as much as possible.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom