Cheap head unit with Ipod control

Rickyj at Kalibrate

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
I am sorry if this has been asked before, but having searched the forums, I was unable to find an answer to my query.

I am looking for a cheapish (upto £125) head unit with ipod control for one of the new ipod nanos (generation 4).

I would like to be able to use the head unit for control of the ipod.

Any feedback would be greatly received....

Thanks

Last edited:

Andy4k6

Novice Member
If you can stretch to buying an alpine you won’t be upset,

If not have a look at the Panasonic range, I know they had some very good and reasonably priced iPod units when my sponsor stocked them a year ago.

Try to avoid the cheap brands and also avoid using Halfords/motor world type places, Try going to smaller stores who know what they are on about.

Hope that helps

Andy

Ayub

Distinguished Member
there is one in the classfied section for £95
Might seem a little steep but i'm sure you can talking him round.

Rickyj at Kalibrate

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
there is one in the classfied section for £95
Might seem a little steep but i'm sure you can talking him round.
Are you talking about this one. There is some doubt whether it will work with a current generation ipod Nano:suicide:

I am unable to find one for £95, and thus I would be grateful if you point me in the right direction:D

Ayub

Distinguished Member
lol sorry just read the nano bit now :rolleyes: :oops:

tonytiger73

Novice Member
I don't think there's much choice yet for units that support the latest ipods.

I *think* the Pioneer DEH-P3100UB does support the latest ones, but it's over budget slightly at £127 (probably + p+p) and I think you'd need to buy a cable too. Here's a link

uzi123

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/10604.html

After much research, this is what I purchased.

From what I found, it is the only headunit that actually allows the iPod to be controlled directly via usb, without using the HU controls (which was essential for me), though you can use the head unit controls if you'd prefer.. Only one that charges the iphone 3g aswell I believe.

I checked the compatibilty and it should work with yours.

I paid about £15 more to get it from Audio66 as Caraudiosecurity have stock issues or just generally delayed shipping imo.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom