Cheap HDtvs for my Xbox 360

P

Paultyson21

Hi there was wondering if someone could help me? I have been looking into buying myself a HD tv as I want to see my Xbox 360 work to its full potential!There aint a problem finding a tv, the thing is finding one within my budget; I dont really want to spend any more than £400 coz I am a poor student.
Cheers for taking the time out to help. :smashin:

tinners

Novice Member
Bit outside your budget but the Q321 from Novatech at £599 is a snip and a fantastic piece of kit. Also the aftersales service (original swapped due to 1 dead pixel no questions) is great.

P

Paultyson21

That might just be out of my range, would have to wait till christmas for that one!! My budget is pretty poor. Any onther suggestions? :lease:

Darth_terra

Distinguished Member
Paultyson21 said:
That might just be out of my range, would have to wait till christmas for that one!! My budget is pretty poor. Any onther suggestions? :lease:
what size screen are you looking for because i dont think you would be able to get one for £400 at 32" never mind anything higher than that, Novatech do a 27" for £450 and that's the cheapest i have seen for a good spec that would be great with your 360, prices are starting to fall but not that far yet.

C225

I'm also a student and had a budget of £450 a few months back ans ended up buying a samsung LE23T51B and i am very happy with it.

The standard picte isn't the best but for an LCD it' s not too bad but it looks amazing when i'm playing my xbox 360 on it the picture is soo sharp.

Also see link in sig if you want a picture of it. I paid £450 for it but i think you can get it for £435 from savastore.com

c_j_holt

Standard Member
er, hold on a minute! isn't this a CRT forum? isn't somebody going to suggest a Samsung WS32Z409TQX from Empire Direct for £385 ?

add a set of component leads to that and Paul Tyson is bang on budget :thumbsup:

P

Paultyson21

c_j_holt said:
er, hold on a minute! isn't this a CRT forum? isn't somebody going to suggest a Samsung WS32Z409TQX from Empire Direct for £385 ?

add a set of component leads to that and Paul Tyson is bang on budget :thumbsup:

I have been looking at that exact CRT n seem pretty impressed. I really dont know much about these tvs tho, I have been lookin at other forums about these tvs; they look impressive and certainly in my budget. Cheers for the suggestion mate. Excuse my stupidity when it comes to tvs but what are component leads, y would i need them and how much do they cost?
Cheers :thumbsup:

c_j_holt

Standard Member
Paultyson21 said:
I have been looking at that exact CRT n seem pretty impressed. I really dont know much about these tvs tho, I have been lookin at other forums about these tvs; they look impressive and certainly in my budget. Cheers for the suggestion mate. Excuse my stupidity when it comes to tvs but what are component leads, y would i need them and how much do they cost?
Cheers :thumbsup:
Component leads are a step up from RGB scart. They can carry high-definition signals (which scart can't do) but only the video, no audio (so you need a set of phono leads too). Higher-end DVD players have component outputs (not your £30 supermarket DVD players though)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Component_video

You can pay anything from 3 quid to 30 quid or maybe even more but the law of diminishing returns kicks in and they always say "never spend more than 10% of your budget on interconnects". I paid £18 for mine from cpc.farnell.com

Incidentally, I'm pleased with my Samsung Z409, it is incredible value for money at £385

Chris Muriel

Distinguished Member
Bloody hell - good spot.
I wonder if a 32 inch version is planned.

Chris Muriel, Manchester

DeanTheDon

Ahhh... I see they've changed it. It did say HD Ready, it still says PC input though...

Darth_terra

Distinguished Member
The Samsung is a great tV if you can get one that doesn't suffer with the Geometry issues that some are having, I saw one the other day Great Pic quality but did have geometry problems, I saw the Hyundai also seems to be just as good as the Samsung in Pic quality and no problems with geometry or any other problems on any connections.

P

Paultyson21

Due to your help I have been very interested in the Samsung WS32Z409TQ32, i went to currys to see this tv but the tv i seen was the SAMSUNG WS32Z419D. The price difference is £100. I haven't seen any difference between the two tvs apart from the SAMSUNG WS32Z419D has freeview built in. Can anyone help me understand the differences and whether it is worth the extra £100. Cheers:)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Home AV, TV, Tech News & Reviews, Plus The Best of July 2020

Trending threads

Top Bottom