1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheap H/K DVD 2550 from Germany

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by rauer, Jul 11, 2004.

1. rauer

rauer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    As the H/K DVD 25 and 2550 seem to be going out of production, the last batches can be found pretty cheap.

The MSRP of the DVD 25 has been around 450 to 550 euros and it's street price is still 250 to 300 euros. The silver 2550 can now be found for as low as 185 euros + shipping at Digitalo.de . Or browse from the main page www.digitalo.de .

It is even in stock at the moment.

I seriously considered buying one for my secondary system (have the DVD 25 in my primary) but after all decided to wait and buy some SACD & DVD-A able player for my primary and move the H/K to the secondary. But if the H/K DVD 25/2550 is the right one for you, grab one before it's too late.

2. ledzep100

ledzep100
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi rauer,

Looks like a good deal. I've been thinking about getting a DVD25 for a while, I presume the DVD2550 is the same machine in silver / black. Have you ever purchased from digitalo.de?

ledzep

3. rauer

rauer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Yes, the 2550 should differ from the 25 only in case colour.

I've bought stuff from many German online shops but I don't think Digitalo is one of them. On the other hand the German shops tend to be pretty reliable and with cash-on-delivery there isn't much risk. Warranty is another thing naturally, but I haven't had any problems with my gear. I believe a 2-year Warranty is the standard thing over there (or the whole EU?).

4. ledzep100

ledzep100
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks Ruaer,

Have you used COD much? I can't imagine that it'll be a simple and pain free process. Every time I deal with a courier I end up wanting to kill someone.

ledzep

5. dynamite

dynamite
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys.

Any idea if this is multi-region?

Cheers,

d.

6. rauer

rauer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    ledzep, I've used COD several times. I live in a middle sized town here in Finland and therefore for example UPS doesn't deliver here but it uses another local company. Usually I have to pay the national UPS (I'm not sure if that's what they use) when the parcel is in the capital and after that it's delivered. Sometimes the parcel is shipped to the local post office where I pay. I'm not sure how this works in the UK, though.

dynamite, this has been actually posted about like dozens of times and a forum search is usually adviced. A rather simple firmware upgrade can be performed from a CD-R/-RW and the firmware can be downloaded from www.apache.co.uk/vision . This brings PAL progressive scan and region free modifications. Nowadays, however the PAL prog is likely there already when bought.

7. dynamite

dynamite
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers for the rest of your answer! :thumbsup:

d.