Cheap - Good portable DAB radio player?

SCOTTBALL

Standard Member
My mum wants a pocket sized personal radio..
i saw a philips DA1102 (DAB Radio and 1GB MP3 Player) but it seemed pretty cheap, so was wondering if the quality of the radio was sacrificed
She wants to use it for going to work, so thats train/bus..
any ideas/reccomendations?

the Philips one was around £35.. so something around this price or cheaper would be great!

ProfessorYaffle

I've had a Bush PSDAB2004 for 4 years and it's simple yet effective personal DAB radio. These are under £40 at Argos.

Like all personal DAB radios, DAB reception in your area is critical. I have no issues here in Bath and can use it on buses (not tried on a train).

Another consideration, especially at this price, is battery life. Common-or-garden alkaline batteries will last 6-8 hours so a couple of sets of 2500 (or better) NiMH rechargeables batteries make economic sense, accompanied by an intelligent, quick battery charger.

Being Argos, easy to return if reception poor, but worth checking postcode here first.

If you can stretch to £72, the Pure Move is a great choice and has a 40 hour battery life.

ProfessorYaffle

This Bush DAB/MP3 player looks just the ticket then. Don't expect the earth for £34 but the reviews appear positive, so it looks a bargain. The 256MB flash memory will hold about 50 mp3 files at 192k/bps

donmaq

Standard Member
ive had the Bush PSDAB2004 for around 2 years now, i got it from a friend who was moving and it has lasted like a true soldier, highly recommended, and i have mine on nost of the time, it has never let me down

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom