Cheap European Destinations.

Cobb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have some time off work in July and I'm thinking of a short 4 day break in Europe. I'm a single traveller and I'm looking just to take in some sights and culture. Already going to Rome in September. I was thinking Paris but some friends have told me it's not that great.

Any recommendations?

Lisbon is cheap, friendly, good food and wine, lots to see, locals generally speak english. And there'll be great weather in July.

Otherwise, possibly a bit pricier, Vienna. Again, lots of culture and sights, nice bars and restaurants, easy to get around.

Barcelona is very good and again will have fantastic weather in July.

Paris is very nice in my experience, but you have to choose carefully where you stay (like London).

I think Paris is great, easy to get around - but not cheap.
Budapest is good, easy to get around and cheap.

Prague is cheap, we were impressed with the hotel we got for what would barely cover a Travelodge here.
We were also impressed as to how far our money went when there (they're not in the euro).

yes, I fancy prague - almost went as part of my next trip...

the algarve is quite cheap - that's the east of faro (can get cheap flights there) and the likesofolhao to tavira etc... half the price of the more touristy spots to the west like albufeia etc... tho ,thr downside is that public transport isn't that cheap...

a bit outside of europe - what about malta? can get cheap flights, buses there (no trains) are cheap as - a weekly bus pass is about 6 euros and it's a lovely place...

Bulgaria is great.

yes, I fancy prague - almost went as part of my next trip...

the algarve is quite cheap - that's the east of faro (can get cheap flights there) and the likesofolhao to tavira etc... half the price of the more touristy spots to the west like albufeia etc... tho ,thr downside is that public transport isn't that cheap...

a bit outside of europe - what about malta? can get cheap flights, buses there (no trains) are cheap as - a weekly bus pass is about 6 euros and it's a lovely place...

We went to Malta a couple of years ago, it was like going back in time. When out for a meal I asked for a lager, I was given a can of Skol (I didn't think they made Skol anymore). Buses are plentiful. We hired a car, righthand drive like here. It was like the wacky races and you took your life into your hands when driving onto a roundabout as nobody stops or gives way. I think there is only 1 small sandy beach on the island. We took the ferry to Gozo which was also lovely. All in all a great holiday and I would highly recommend it.

Another recommendation from me for Lisbon. Been a couple of times.

Are you a single man too? Further than Europe but the only time I went on holiday solo was to NYC, I went for six nights and had an amazing time.

Even though New Yorkers have a reputation for being like and bit city types I found them really open and met loads of people, I ended up in some places I really didn't expect. I met a girl on the bus asking directions and I ended up at a black tie party conference a couple of hours later!

That was just one in a string of curious days and nights out packed in to six days.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom