Question Cheap Ebay motorized screen

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by fullerlee, Dec 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. fullerlee

fullerlee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Hi,

I'm looking at getting a motorised screen so I can drop down in front of a TV. Currently I project directly onto a semi-gloss white wall, and I have to lift the TV down off a cabinet.

I see there are lots of screen options on eBay for very little cost. Does anybody have any experience of these? Presumably any screen would be an improvement on what I have now (in terms of logistics and image-quality).

For example: 120" 16:9 Electric Projector Screen Matt White 3D Theater Motorised Remote | eBay

Thanks,
    Lee

2. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +893
    I wouldnt agree that any screen would be better than nothing; flat good painted plaster will probably be better than a rippled projector screen.

I've been in a similar situation, though was able to project above the 32" screen we had at the time. My biggest concern of the cheapo screens was not so much how they look on day 1 but how they look in 6 months time as saw many online comments saying that they quickly developed problems - though I was looking at mechanical screens and so may suffer more from stretching etc.