Cheap DVD Recorder With Good Playback Quality?

wokeye

Established Member
Reaction score
I have recently purchased a Pioneer DV-565A as a replacement for my old Denon DVD-1000 player which was to fussy with back-up DVD's and for my Marantz CD6000 OSE LE CD player as I needed to save space so thought a compromise was needed. I had read good things about the Pioneer and yes it is a great DVD player but although decent with CD's it is not a match for the Marantz that I just sold :suicide: It does not sound as open and can sound harsh with older CD's like Pink Floyd DSOFM
re-mastered edition.

So I have come to the conclusion that I could have a good CD player if I got rid of my Video recorder and replaced it with a DVD recorder, then I would have space for DVD recorder and CD player and sell the Pioneer DV-565A. The only problem is that it will have to be a pretty cheap DVD recorder that must offer good DVD playback, be good with back-up DVD-R's and possibly multi-region (but not essential). A friend at work has an early Philips model that has been nothing but trouble and he reckons it has been away for repair longer than it has been working in his house in the past 18 months :rolleyes: so that puts me off a little, but maybe he just got a bad one? I noticed a previous thread about Safeways selling a Philips for £169.99 which sounds very good if it is reliable that is. Are these multi-region is there some kind of a hack? Then there is always the more expensive Panasonics, again another friend has had trouble with one of them, that was multi-region from Techtronic or something. This player just would not read back-up DVD-R's which it is supposed to, he sent it back haven't seen him since to talk about it though, as this obviously had a fault too.

So I guess ignoring the problems I mentioned do the Philips and Panasonic players offer good DVD playback and work well with DVD-R media?

Thanks for the help :smashin:

Or the other alternative is a DVD player that is good with CD's that won't break the bank and is also not really fussy with DVD-R discs?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom