cheap dvd recorder any reccomendations??

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by phetttt, Feb 10, 2005.

1. phetttt

phetttt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello

recently saw that bbc 3 will be showing farscape from mon-thur, so i would like to record them to dvd…

I have a humax pvr 8000t so could i record them onto the hd then chuck them onto a dvd so

can i get a cheap n cheerful dvd recorder with decent pq that will accept a rgb from the humax, cheap cos i just bought a denon 1910 (i wish id got a dvd recorder instead, i dont have a plasma,lcd or dlp yet!) and an ipod.

any ideas??

cheers

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,560
    Yes. Panasonic E55, Samsung DVDR100, Hitachi DVRX7000 and the Pioneer 220 all fall into this category. All are sub-£200 (except possibily the Hitachi).

3. clawson

clawson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you want REAL cheap then Sainsburys do the Mico for £99 but like most of the real cheap ones it is based on a Philips reference design and they aren't not necessarily known as the best DVDRs about - though the Mico is better than most. Before Xmas, after a lot of research into "cheap" DVDRs I almost bought one - but in the end relented and paid the extra £70 for the guaranteed quality of a Panasonic E55

Cliff

4. martinthorn

martinthorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just received a Samsung DVDR100 from Tesco. First impressions are that the picture quality is good, better than the liteon 5006 I also have (colours are correct for a start). User interface not quite so friendly but more editing options. And it was cheaper than the Liteon (£160 vs. £180).

Martin

5. clawson

clawson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't get it - if you had £160-£180 to spend why buy a "cheap" one when you could afford a quality brand like Panasonic or Pioneer?

(though I'm sure Samsung is probably better than a "no-name" brand like Liteon!)

Cliff

6. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,560
    It's worth noting that in many respects the Samsung DVDR100 is a better DVD recorder than the Pioneer 220.