cheap dvd player with headphone socket ?

SILVERBACK

i bought a panasonic from richer sounds but when i watch films on it via the normal tv speakers you cant hear a great deal at all on full blast.i was thinking of hooking up some external speakers via the headphone socket but the pana doesnt have the connection.

mray

Woolworths had one on sale for around £40. It has HDMI and a headphone socket. I think it's the same model that Aldi were selling a while back.

zeropoint

Use the line-level stereo outputs on the back of the DVD player, or try splitting off audio from the SCART i/o on the back of the TV. Does the TV have h/p out?

SILVERBACK

Use the line-level stereo outputs on the back of the DVD player, or try splitting off audio from the SCART i/o on the back of the TV. Does the TV have h/p out?
the thing is its for a static caravan not a home cinema so the tv doesnt have a heaphone or audio outs itself (bummer) and i dont have a stereo that has an auxillary so im thinking pc speakers via the dvd as normal tv and freeveiew is fine thru the normal speakers.

zeropoint

So you could take line-out from the DVD via 2xRCA->mini-jack and feed it to some 'PC speakers,' or desktop speakers, provided they have volume control. If your TV has SCART and it's i/o capable, you could get a custom cable to split off the TV audio output, again maybe 2xRCA->mini-jack, then all inputs to the TV via SCART can be amplified, together with built-in tuner source.

Also, portable DVD players have h/p outputs too, with a/v outs.

SILVERBACK

i think i`ll try the first method first :thumbsup: thanks for the help,you to mray.

zeropoint

You might want to bear in mind - when buying amplified speakers, etc - that manufacturers like Goodmans produce complete systems with 2.1 channel DVD player and 5.1 channel dolby prologic II decoder, for around £45 (eBuyer or try eBay). This might give you a more flexible and satisfying solution.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom