Cheap decent 40" tv for bedroom

Reaction score
Hi

Now looking for a 40" ish tv for lads bedroom.
Will be used for Xbox One, Sky tv via Sky Q mini multiscreen box and Netflix premium again via Sky Q mini while we have Sky.
Possibly one of the new gen consoles at a later date.

Now I know this is not the biggest thing in the world but I don't think I'll get anything much bigger in the space available at the min and I'm not looking to spend loads Either £200-£300 ish which I know is not a block buster budget but he just don't need a 65" OLOED or QLED in his room costing over a bag of sand.

Any ideas as I've been looking at likes of Argos, Curry's and RS etc.

Argos seem to have some cheap bargains around 40" like the Hisense 40A5600FTUK Buy Hisense 40 Inch 40A5600FTUK Smart Full HD LED TV | Televisions | Argos and the Toshiba 40U2063DB Buy Toshiba 40 Inch Smart 4K Ultra HD LED TV with HDR | Televisions | Argos

Any ideas if any good for what he needs

Any advice and recommendations appreciated

Since Toshiba's TV brand is now owned by Hisense those TVs are probably just clones of each other.
If you can fit a 43" it will be better. The Hisense A series or if you want an IPS panel instead, LGs UN series.

They are both recommended in the lower tier section of my guide here:

Hisense A series are models like 43A7100, 43A7300, 43AE7400, 43A7500
LG UN series like 43UN7100, 43UN7300 etc

Since Toshiba's TV brand is now owned by Hisense those TVs are probably just clones of each other.
If you can fit a 43" it will be better. The Hisense A series or if you want an IPS panel instead, LGs UN series.

They are both recommended in the lower tier section of my guide here:

Hisense A series are models like 43A7100, 43A7300, 43AE7400, 43A7500
LG UN series like 43UN7100, 43UN7300 etc
Thanks for the info, yeh could manage 43" I think at a push and jiggle i'll have to check
IPS what's that mate, do I need it, think I read something about IPS or VA but cant remember.

Cheers for info I'll get my measuring stick out for the 43" and search about on Google 👍

Its the type of panel.

In short, IPS is better for bright viewing, viewing at an angle, less motion blur.
VA is better for dark viewing, viewing head on, more motion blur.

Make sure to look up the TVs WxH measurements rather than measure the diaganol.

Thanks dude
43” physical size not screen size is Justin tiny to big. We’re it sits it would be touching wall. The ones I mentioned there dimensions would be fine

Ah that's a shame. I'd go with the Hisense in that case, in the hope that it won't be made by Vestel whereas the Toshiba likely is.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom