Cheap Couriers

nheather

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
If I want to send a parcel 10.5kg valued at £145 who is the best to use.

I know of Parcel2Go before and they have been fine but I'm aware that their CS is not great when there is a problem.

Any good alternatives to P2G.

Cheers,

Nigel

For that size and weight Royal Mail recorded would probably be the cheapest

Don't think so. Recorded can only be applied to 1st and 2nd class and doesn't provide enough insurance cover.

First class for that weight would be £21.15.

With P2G I can get it fully insured for £12.84 (HDNL) or £14.09 (DHL).

Don't expect to find cheaper, just wondering if there are alternatives.

Cheers,

Nigel

I think the max may be 10KG though, which I think your just slightly over

They look very good - would cost £9.99 fully insured.

Taking it to a shop is attractive because P2G insist on it being collected. They say that is a better service and it might be for some but it means that I would have to take a day off work and sit in all day (my employer doesn't allow collections from work).

But they only allow upto 10kg so they probably wouldn't take mine.

Cheers,

Nigel

They look very good - would cost £9.99 fully insured.

Taking it to a shop is attractive because P2G insist on it being collected. They say that is a better service and it might be for some but it means that I would have to take a day off work and sit in all day (my employer doesn't allow collections from work).

But they only allow upto 10kg so they probably wouldn't take mine.

Cheers,

Nigel

could contact them to make sure :thumbsup:

As I always say on these threads, I've found nothing to beat Interparcel : Discount UK & International Parcel Delivery & Courier Services whose own brand Economy Service is provided by UPS.

£6.99 + VAT for up to 30kg with £50 insurance. Additional insurance is charged at 2% IIRC.

Edit
Annoyingly they've changed the insurance to bands. You would have to under-insure at £100 or over-insure for up to £250.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom