1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheap component better than good s-video?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by matt bellamy, Dec 5, 2004.

1. matt bellamy

matt bellamy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought some component cables to connect my Samsung progressive scan DVD player to a Yamaha AMP and then another set of component cables to go from AMP to Panasonic PW7 plasma. They are currently all connected with good quality s-video cables. The component video cables cost only £10 each and after reading that some people pay upto £90 each set of cables I was wondering whether I will even notice a difference in picture from pretty good s-video to fairly cheap component cables? Will it be worth buying more expensive cables (but not £90 each)?

Also, will it be worth buying an advanced high definition component cable pack for my XBOX as it's current connected via the original composite video lead that came with it.

2. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +929
    Xbox definitely, that is night and day difference.

As for the component cables, When i had my SRT i i didnt see a difference between an expensive cable (very well made and everything) to a £10 cable over a 6 metre distance.

3. geeWcee

geeWcee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I have a panny PW7 and I actually prefer the S-Video quality compared to component...
    Then again I did with my last TV aswell.