1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheap compact flash cards and batteries

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by Vection, Nov 9, 2004.

1. Vection

Vection
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just thought i'd let everyone know that Ebuyer are selling the Viking high speed 1GB compact flash card for £47 including VAT and postage. I've just ordered one so I can't coment on the read/write speed etc but i've read good reports on vikings other offerings so I have high hopes, I've also read that it comes with a five year manufacturers warrenty. Seems a good deal to me!

I've also recently bought some rechargable Ni-MH batteries plus charger from Maplins. 8x 2300 mAh AA batteries, 4x 800 mAh AAA batteries and a timed charger that will charge AAA, AA, C, D and square in NI-Cd as well as Mi-MH all for £30. Was an absolute steal. The batteries have performed flawlessly so far giving about 6hrs of shooting in one session (with obvious breaks to fool around with my tripod etc) on my Fuji s7000. The make and model are VANSON V-1199B.

:thumbsup:

I hope that helps anybodys search.

2. mr jones

mr jones
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    you see i bought some of the 2000mah batteries and a charger from maplins and they are no where near as good as the batterys that shipped with my fuji, but i think they are faulty, cuz they've never been very good at all.

sometimes i wish my camera used a cheap storage medium, XD cards are sooo expenisive :(