1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheap Center Speaker help

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by ruddles, Nov 9, 2003.

1. ruddles

ruddles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    Can anybody help me as I want to buy a cheap center speaker for my home cinema setup my old one just went bust. I have seen this one http://www.richersounds.co.uk/index.php?f=itemdetl.php&p=301622 at richersounds for £49 so basically is this ok its just for a small bedroom. As you can probably tell I don't have a clue on this sort of stuff so any help would be much appreciated thanks.
    Ruddles. :rotfl:

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Decent choice for the money what speakers are you using for the fronts as that is important.

3. ruddles

ruddles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I have a cheap Acoustic solutions 5.1/sub setup it was only £80 but I find it quite effective and just need to replace the center at the moment.
    I would consider getting a whole new speaker package if I could find something decent for a reasonable price.
    cheers.

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    M71 and that centre wil get a better setup for the front assuming you are using a reciever for the speakers and it isnt an all in one type. £100 of upgrades but huge improvement???? (down to your ears really mate!) as centre is knackered a mission front 3 would make sense.

5. zoolander

zoolander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I read that the m7c1 isnt all that great and have a different tonal balance to the rest of the m7 series as they are in a super comact plastic case.The m7c2 is about £100ish if u look around and is far,far superior,in fact it matches the m71's perfectly as they use the exact same drivers albeit the m7c2 has 2 instead of 1 for better dispersion.I currently use the m7c2 and all i can say is that for movies,it has no right to sound so clear and detailed for such a cheap speaker!If u have a silver TV the silver finish looks sweet when placed on top.Wont be upgrading this centre for a while.....ok,maybe the m5c to match my m53's:D

zoolander:D