1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheap CAT 5e

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Prism666, Jun 2, 2005.

1. Prism666

Prism666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I'm looking to replace my current budget wiring for my 7.1 setup and so I'm looking for about 40m of cable. The CAT 5 route certainly appeals mainly due to the cost

I have found some cable here and have bought from them before and they delivered next day

http://network-cabling.co.uk/store/...id=46&osCsid=6dd86fc692e3b9a3e672440908f6c4ce

It seems very cheap, even compared with Maplins. Can someone just check for me this is the right stuff. I obviously don't need 305m but for about £26 inc VAT it seems like a great deal. Postage is a few quid more but I need some trunking and other bits from them anyway

2. Knightshade

Knightshade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    It will do the job very well.:)

3. andyAV

andyAV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Prism666

Don't worry - I'm using offcuts from an office refurb. The cables have been around in use some years but it sounds great - so I reckon any Cat5 will do the job. If it's cat5 it's cat5 - there are certain standards for the stuff.

I must admit though that I'm glad I'm not your fingers - 40m of braided cable - ouch :eek: I hope you're doing 3 cable and not 6 cable variant :eek: :eek: :eek:

Andy