1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheap capture card & cable adice - please help im newbie

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Laughin' Potato, May 29, 2002.

1. Laughin' Potato

Laughin' Potato

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello all this is my first post , i am considering a dv camcorder purchase very soon and want to get the video onto my pc , i understand a dv capture card is required and firewire cable , im not bothered about software right away as i can download trials to use at first , i was wondering if the Dabs value card and cable costing £15 is good enough or is the any quality issues with a cheap card and cable ? If so please tell me why .
    Its easy to take the easy route and buy a kit but this is not always the most cost effective or best option .
    If there is a better card/cable i should use please let me know , i will also be wanting to edit my 8mm tapes through the dv camcorder as i will be buying one with analouge in .

all advice is greatly appreciated .

2. Gurubarry

Gurubarry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yo potatohead, when i brought a Sony D8 camcorder the Pinnacle dv card came free with it,from.................Dixons (washes out mouth)
    It works perfectly:blush: So I recommend it. Make sure you buy a Sony D8 camcorder, and please check it is backwards compatible, because some models aren't, and you wont be able to play 8mm tapes into your computer through the DV card.
    hope this helps.