Cheap but solid stands for rear speakers?

NicolasB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the near future I'm going to be using an old pair of Sony bookshelf speakers as rears. Later I'll be buying something better to replace them - perhaps B&W Nautilus 805s. I therefore need some stands to put 'em on. I don't feel inclined to pay £400 for the official B&W Nautilus stands, so can someone recommend some cheap but steady stands that are suitable for surround speakers? (By "suitable for surround" I mean that they'll need to be a bit higher than stands intended for front speakers, as the bottoms of the speakers have to be lifted up higher than the back of the sofa!). I'm completely uninterested in what they look like, but something that can resist vibrations (ideally both in terms of mass and internal damping) would be good.

Atacama do good stands at a reasonable price. I got Nexus 6 (£50) stands for my B&W 602s, which is about the limit for that particular stand.

Beyond Hifi seem to supply most of their range. I haven't ordered from them though so I have no idea if they are any good.

NicB

Why don't you make some?

Get a bit of MDF, 2X2 timber, rubber matting + rubber doorstops + rubber coasters.
MDF primer, undercoat & a bit of Ronseal wood stain! and sketch a few designs &.....................

I made some, & they're much steadier than my old Partington Discovery's (and they weren't bad).........

If you're intending to get the B&W Nautilus rears, just make them large enough to accomodate them (when you eventually get 'em)

Get yer tool box out mate!

Adzman

Get yer tool box out mate!
I bet you say that to all the boys....

Sadly I suffer from a fairly significant degree of dyspraxia, which makes that sort of thing a bit dangerous. :(

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom