1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheap but Good WS TV wanted (circa £350)

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by sandys, Apr 20, 2004.

1. sandys

sandys
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Is there such a thing or is it a bit of an oxymoron, can anybody tell me where I can find the best 28/32" Widescreen TV for around £300-350 (OK probably dreaming on the 32" for that price :) ) , I know I am at the cheaper end of the market but thats my budget and I would like it to go on a decent model but I don't know where to look and what are decent brands.

So any recommendations would be appreciated

Cheers
    Sandy

2. MartinG

MartinG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Currently on sale in Comet at £349.

3. sandys

sandys
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for the heads up in the end we found a number of Televisions that seemed reasonable but as it wasn't for me we let the mother-in-law choose with the 'Oooh that one looks nice technique :D ' not very scientific but turned out she picked the Samsung WS-28M64V its was in John Lewis for �350 and comes with 5yr guarantee and we could go and pick it up right away guarantee was a big selling point for her understandably, seems like a good TV

Other tvs we found that might interest others were on the internet (price normally includes delivery)

Thomson 28WH201 �299 empire-direct.co.uk
    Thomson 28WH403 �330 unbeatable.co.uk
    Samsung WS-28M64 �299 qed.co.uk (cheaper tha JL but no 5yr warrenty)
    JVC AV28GT1S �229-250 internettvsdirect.co.uk and digitaldirectuk.com