• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Cheap but good wifi router for virgin superhub wanted.

Broosta

Established Member
Ok what's the best option for a decent but cheapish wifi router for the virgin superhub?

The Asus RT-N66U looks pretty good but it's £110. I'd like to pay less really.

I don't need loads of bells and whistles on it, I just need it to give reliable wifi for my squeezebox controller and net browsing on phones/tablets.

I have 100mb/s(soon 120mb/s) connection that is wired up with cat5e/6 to tv/media player and server and squeezebox. I wouldn't mind putting my spare squeezebox3 in the bedroom using wifi, and tbh because my wifi is so unreliable I haven't used it for other stuff or even really looked into it. So if there's stuff I could be using bells and whistles for then maybe I would need them!

Any ideas?

chukwe

Prominent Member
Buy Apple Airport Extreme from the classified section or refurbished from Apple store. It's one of the best routers for virgin SH

r.vernon1

Established Member
We complained to virgin about the superhub performance and they sent us a net gear router free of charge. The connection is much better and much more stable now. Why don't you see if virgin will send you a free router?

Cosmic phil

Established Member
Don't bother with the dlink it only has 100mb ports it will restrict you when you get 120mb.
Asus n66u would be my choice the n56u is supposed to be good.

r.vernon1

Established Member
Don't bother with the dlink it only has 100mb ports it will restrict you when you get 120mb.
Asus n66u would be my choice the n56u is supposed to be good.

I am sure they will send you a suitable router if you are on (or due to be on) 120mb. I'm only on 60gb so it's fine for us. Don't see the point in spending over £100 if you don't have to...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom