Question Cheap but decent replacement for Canton Movie CD102 speakers

broona

Reaction score
My sub appears to have bitten the bullet, the lights are on, but there's no sound at all, it's been a trooper over the last 15yrs or so though. 😪

I'm going to pull the back off it tomorrow to see if there's anything obvious, but thought I'd post in here just in case.

Can anyone recommend me a reasonably priced replacement please? Just needs to be black and reasonably unobtrusive, thanks in advance. 👍

@broona
BK Electronics (UK / Essex) has been forum favourite 15+ years(?) and these two models should be considered with low budget and small size, the ebay channel is BK`s and they are new "grade-b" in mint condition with a little saving:

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Thank you for the reply and links, I was really looking to spend less than £100 if possible, don't mind the second hand route, I'll have a look at the subs you've posted.

Thank you for the reply and links, I was really looking to spend less than £100 if possible, don't mind the second hand route, I'll have a look at the subs you've posted.

Well spending bit more wouldn`t be bad thing if you have any plans to upgrade the rest of system at some point. Doing it step by step is more ideal for lot of people who can`t justify throwing big bucks at once.

Going 2nd hand there is always risks that the amp will fail and then it comes expensive.. But if you are going to be keeping that old satellite system then try your luck with cheap used one.

Well spending bit more wouldn`t be bad thing if you have any plans to upgrade the rest of system at some point. Doing it step by step is more ideal for lot of people who can`t justify throwing big bucks at once.

Going 2nd hand there is always risks that the amp will fail and then it comes expensive.. But if you are going to be keeping that old satellite system then try your luck with cheap used one.

I love the Cantons and have no plans to upgrade, they're just used as an upgrade to the TV speakers, so I don't need anything OTT, just something that works well.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom