1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheap bedroom LCD - any recommendations ?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by philgreeen, Mar 3, 2005.

1. philgreeen

philgreeen
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I've been looking at a number of small LCD screens suitable to replace a bedroom portable TV - something like a 17" widescreen to hang on the wall... I intend having a DVD player connected (SONY NS355 - current preference) plus a Sony freeview box.. I may plug in a PC in the future...

If I have freeview I don't need a built in tuner... so are there any merits in buying a pure "monitor" over a TV such as the Philips 170T4FS/00 ? Is a monitor going to have all the connections I need ?

My budget is around 300 quid...

Thanks...

2. paulfoley

paulfoley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Just ordered a Samsung 730MW from ebuyer, should be arriving tomorrow. It got a good review from What Plasma (link to it from above) & another from PC Pro. My only reservation was the 25ms response time but all reviews report no lag & a guy on here said he watches footie on his with no problems? Its list of connections also suggest its HDTV ready ?

:thumbsup:

3. djsat2

djsat2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Im sure humax do a 17" LCD which has freeview built in and is HDTV ready. Their other products are normally of a good quality.

4. Hallsy

Hallsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I too would be looking at wanting a similar setup, say 17" for bedroom with DVD and freeview connections.
    As above I have noticed that you can get PC TFT's very cheaply now so would these do the job if a tuner wasn't needed?
    What sort of things do I need to look out for apart from repsonse time?