Question Cheap as Chips Soundbase request

Discussion in 'Soundbars, Soundplates & Soundbases' started by AnthonyG, Apr 4, 2016.

1. AnthonyG

AnthonyG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,187
    Hi

Can someone please help. I convinced my parents to get a new Panasonic 32" LED to upgrade from their Toshiba LCD that was bought in 2007 (and it was then the cheapest budget LCD there was in 2007, so its not a good TV really).

It has come today. The picture is superb. But the sound is dreadful. It is tinny and dreaful. It sounds like one of those old transistor radios. I thought it was defective as it was so bad. But from googling it seems this is one of the joys of TVs these days. They are incredibly thin due to having dreadful speakers.

I am not my parents favourite person right now. They are going to keep the TV. But I need a soundbase and quick and it needs to be cheap and easily for elderly people to use.

They just want to watch TV in decent quality. The old TV had good sound. This does not. So I need a good cheap soundbase.

I do not want a soundbar as these also come with an independent Subwoofer. An item that will cause my parents to kick off thinking it will cause the neighbors to bang on the wall.

So no separate subwoofer as bass is of no importance to them. So it seems a Soundbase seems what would be best that can sit under the TV stand.

I just like I say want something good for everyday use and good for dialog. Watching football and watching soaps is all they do. (so they will not be complaining about lack of virtual surround sound or lack of 5.1 or anything) It just needs to sound good for dialog. And it needs to be cheap. Ideally around £50 if possible.

Any suggestions please? You will be saving my neck if so.

2. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,425
    Not true.
    The vast majority of them do not come with a sub.
    Have you checked Argos/Currys?, they usually have budget models.