Cheap and small USB pen wanted

Cloud Warrior

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I plan to get a used old style 60/120 GB HDD as a gift for Christmas. Due to game saves etc I'd also like to attach a 360 compatible pen drive to help transfer saves over.

Can anyone link me to a cheap and small pen drive please ?.

I cant see needing more than 1-2 GB, can just go through the process of swapping HDD's and moving the saves. May take a while and a few switches but I just don't want to spend big on something that will probably be used once or twice.

-- Also another question on the issue. Can you still play of both HDD's without issues ?.

Thanks in advance

Ah thats around the price I was wanting to pay anyway.

Perfect.

I guess my question is answered but will keep the thread around just incase someone else in in need.

Edit - Argh. I looked at the Cruzer Blade at play. Do I spend extra to get more, this could go on for ages with me to get best value.

Last edited:
I have a Cruzer Blade, never used it for the xbox but use it for other stuff and it seems pretty decent if that helps :)

Agreed with above Cruzer Blade is a very decent stick, worth keep an eye on the black Friday deals over on ebuyer and amazon if your in no rush.

I no rush (want a few days before Christmas) which is why I have not bought yet. Just wanted to see the prices I should aim for, shops that sell USB pens and more importantly 360 compatibility.

Every USB pen I have thrown at my 360 has been compatible and some of them were cheap nasty sticks I got from work so you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Infact I might be able to get you an Intel 8Gb stick if you want one.

Every USB pen I have thrown at my 360 has been compatible and some of them were cheap nasty sticks I got from work so you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Infact I might be able to get you an Intel 8Gb stick if you want one.

That would be great. What sort of price would you want ?.
Also if needed due to rules please feel free to make a thread in the classifieds if you are wanting more than just P&P.

:smashin:

Not all pen drives seem to work with the 360 - I have an 8gb one that does, but a couple of cheap 4gb ones that aren't recognised no matter what I do! My 8gb is Sony branded.

I've got a 4GB cruzer blade which i use for music and transporting my profile and game saves if i don't want to carry my hard drive so it will work fine.

That would be great. What sort of price would you want ?.
Also if needed due to rules please feel free to make a thread in the classifieds if you are wanting more than just P&P.

:smashin:

I wouldn't want anything extra for it just the price of P&P but will have to hunt around, think they might have all been taken.

I've got a 4GB cruzer blade which i use for music and transporting my profile and game saves if i don't want to carry my hard drive so it will work fine.

Hi,

I need a flash drive to do exactly what you mention, keep my profile and saves on to then move between my Elite downstairs and new S 360 in the bedroom. I see you say you use the Cruzer Blade which i was just about to purchase until i saw the below comment in one of the reviews and on hotukdeals:

Voted hot, however, if you are planning to use it with a 360, when you put it in, you get a message saying it doesn't meet the performance requirements.

I ignored the warning anyway and it works a treat!

Another person mentioned they lost a lot of their saves, which concerns me.

Did you have any such message?

I would've thought the message may be as the 360 has a recomended read/write speed, which this may not meet, but i would've thought that would only really matter if trying to download any content from LIVE to it, whereas i only need it for small game saves and my profile....?

Any thoughts?

Finally i note you mentioned the 4gb, which is all i'm looking at, or probably 8gb as only £2 more, and the above comment was about the 16gb drive, although as its the same brand and model, i would assume applies to the 4 and 8 also.

Another person mentioned they lost a lot of their saves, which concerns me.

Did you have any such message?

I would've thought the message may be as the 360 has a recomended read/write speed, which this may not meet, but i would've thought that would only really matter if trying to download any content from LIVE to it, whereas i only need it for small game saves and my profile....?

Any thoughts?

Finally i note you mentioned the 4gb, which is all i'm looking at, or probably 8gb as only £2 more, and the above comment was about the 16gb drive, although as its the same brand and model, i would assume applies to the 4 and 8 also.

Nope, I have had no problems at all. Didn't get any messages when i first used it but i have never downloaded anything from xbox live onto it i have run save games and it does the job just fine.

Another question on compatibility. Can you "install" a game to a pen drive and play from it ?.I'm thinking if I can buy (or receive from Indiana Jones, great name:smashin:) I may not need to get a official HDD.

Another question on compatibility. Can you "install" a game to a pen drive and play from it ?.I'm thinking if I can buy (or receive from Indiana Jones, great name:smashin:) I may not need to get a official HDD.

Yes you can.

For that reason i've now ordered a 16GB cruzer blade so i can always have a couple of in favour games on it as well as my saves and profile to play in the bedroom. That way the machine will stay as quiet as possible in case the misses comes up and goes to bed while i'm mid session.

Thanks dgibbs, thats great news. In the off chance that I cant get a official 360 HDD cheap I could always spend that little extra on a bigger pen drive or just a few smaller GB's.

Thanks dgibbs, thats great news. In the off chance that I cant get a official 360 HDD cheap I could always spend that little extra on a bigger pen drive or just a few smaller GB's.
Just remember you can only have two flash drives on the go at a time with the max available being 32GB [2x 16GB drives] (minus space reserved by the system) and a minimum of 2GB [2x 1GB drives] (again, minus reserved space).

Also those with multiple consoles, remember game installs are tied to the original console that installation was made on - you'd have to do multiple if you want the game installed for multiple consoles.

No problem on multiple consoles, knew that installs are locked as is DLC.

If anything it may have a profile on to play across multiple console.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom