cheap and great GBA games to use on DS?

bunyboy

Prominent Member
Reaction score
we've just got a DS LITE for a six year old boy and im told that GBA games will work with it and thought i might be able to get a bunch of really good ones for cheap...

can anyone give me advice on what games would be great for a 6 year old and where i might be able to pick them up for a good price?

thanks.

Well WarioWare is good as is the Zelda Series (A Link's Awakening and Link to the Past). Also consider the Castlevania series (although they may be a little tricky for a 6 year old!)

Yoshi's Island

in my GBA slot atm is the Atari Anniversary Advance & it's great! :smashin:

I have CT Special Forces (Cartridge only) which I'm selling for ÂŁ4.50 delivered.
It's not the best game on the GBA but is a simple sideways scrolling shooter which shouldn't be too challenging for a six year old.
Certainly when my kids were younger and I wasn't sure what they'd enjoy I adopted the policy of buying anything and everything that I saw for sale at a price I knew i could recover on e-Bay if I needed to sell on.

I'd highly recommend WarioWares Twisted. Best game ever for kids! you basically do loads of 5-10 second games... you have to jig & wobble the console around to do them. e.g. wobble the console from side to side quickly to make a hand holding a coke bottle shake and eventually the coke bottle explodes, hold console dead still so you don't roll and egg over and crack it, lean to the left so a giants foot raises to let the little people run underneith, balance an unbrella on someones finger tip, fly superman into a cave etc etc etc...

My daughter, who was 6 when she got it, loved it...and still plays it now!!!...all her mates think it is cool as well. I don't think they sold it over here but I see there are a few people selling it on ebay. here's a guy willing to sell internationally...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Wario-Ware-Tw...ryZ62053QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItem

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
I'm not sure I'd like to frantically shake my DS Lite. I'm not confident the top screen would stand up to the strain.

GBA SP didn't have any problems...you only really rotate the screen and don't "frantically shake it".

Daughter is getting a DS Lite from xmas so I'll let you know how it goes ;) If it has any problems Ninty can give her a new DS as it is a Ninty game.

I'd highly recommend WarioWares Twisted. Best game ever for kids! you basically do loads of 5-10 second games... you have to jig & wobble the console around to do them. e.g. wobble the console from side to side quickly to make a hand holding a coke bottle shake and eventually the coke bottle explodes, hold console dead still so you don't roll and egg over and crack it, lean to the left so a giants foot raises to let the little people run underneith, balance an unbrella on someones finger tip, fly superman into a cave etc etc etc...

My daughter, who was 6 when she got it, loved it...and still plays it now!!!...all her mates think it is cool as well. I don't think they sold it over here but I see there are a few people selling it on ebay. here's a guy willing to sell internationally...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Wario-Ware-Tw...ryZ62053QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItem

sounds fantastic! will have to track a copy down...

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Anyone know where to find these decent GBA games? Zelda, Metroid, Castlevania, Mario etc.? Ebay seems to be flooded with fakes.

I've already posted this on the GB forum, but that seems to be the loneliest corner of the AVForums.

Unfortunately a lot of retailers have sold out those titles and unfortunately eBay would be your best bet. Just be diligent, check feedback - I'm sure there are some genuine copies on there.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom