Cheap and decent in wall power sockets for a high quality 2 channel setup

TB303

Hello people,
Sorry to be posting here but I think it's the right forum (audiophiles).

I have a high end 2-channel set up and I'm moving it around the living room (Mrs wants less cables visible), so I'll set up a dedicated electric spur for the room (just for the 2 channel system). I am looking for 12 wall sockets (probably 6 pairs) to place around where I'm likly to connect the system/equipment.

'Audiophile sockets' are super expensive and I won't buy 12 of those... Does anyone have a specific recomendation on a cheap but high quality sockets? I dont' thin a £3 generic one would do.

My system actually need 5 sockets, and made of: RPI + Allo Digione Signature (with a linear PSU) - > Schiit Yggy v2 dac -> ATI 6002 (dual mono design so needs two power cables) - PAP Trio 15 Horn1 speakers.

I use 4 Nordost blue heaven cables currently, no power conditioners.

Ideas are welcome,
Thank you!

Last edited:

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Not sure I follow this one :)

You’ve spent enough to buy a decent sound system on mains cables, are having a dedicated mains ring installed but want to save on the mains sockets? If this ‘stuff’ works surely you go ‘all in’ :)

Joe

PS MK sockets are well made and to spec.

TB303

BTW is it correct that sockets without switches are better tha switched ones? For 'audiophile' purposes?

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
I guess the idea is 'less is more' and the simpler the signal path the better - though for safety it is often better to have the additional 'isolation' option, esp. if you do not have to go around the rear of your kit to isolate it!

Joe

TheHighFlyingBirds

BTW is it correct that sockets without switches are better tha switched ones? For 'audiophile' purposes?
I doubt it has any impact what so ever. Its a break in the circuit which is made by contacts touching, which the plug prongs are doing the exact same thing, as are the wires in the back of the socket, the plug and the consumer unit, plus the power switch on your equipment.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom