• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Cheap Amp to go with 3D TV / 3D Blu Ray

rushdenx1

Standard Member
I have a Panasonic P42UT30B 3D TV and a Panasonic BDT300 3D Blu Ray Player. I want an Amp to go with these but my budget is only around £200 or less. The Amp must take sound via HDMI, but I presume as the BDT300 has a second HDMI output then the Amp does not need to be HDMI 1.4. Two suggestions have been the Onkyo SR308 or Sony DH510. Can someone confirm if both these would be ok. Are there any other older models which are as good or better, but still under my budget. Any help appreciated. Kevin

PSM1

Distinguished Member
Both those should be fine although I do not think the 510 decodes HD audio so you would need to check the player you have can decode both HD formats and send via HDMI (not all can). You will then also need some speakers to go with it.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom