Cheap Amp that does HDMI -> Component

slyborg

Novice Member
Hi

Was looking at the AV63 package from Yamaha till a kind soul pointed out it was a switch and not a converter so looking for a cheap entry level amp that will accept an HDMI signal in and will be able to output that signal from the component outputs.

Suggestions appreciated, my current option is to get the AV63 and an HDMI to component converter but I'd prefer to get it all covered by an amp if I can for a reasonable cost.

Ta

Si

dwhite

Not sure if there is any that go that way round, there's plenty that do upconversion (ie. component to HDMI). Going the other way involves stripping out HDCP so perhaps the major manufacturers don't want to be involved and upset the content providers.

slyborg

Novice Member
Not sure if there is any that go that way round, there's plenty that do upconversion (ie. component to HDMI). Going the other way involves stripping out HDCP so perhaps the major manufacturers don't want to be involved and upset the content providers.
Ah, interesting, that would explain why I'm struggling :-(

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom