1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheap alternative ceiling mount

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by fallwood, Apr 1, 2005.

1. fallwood

fallwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi all, just thought id post this pic (sorry about the quality, phone camera) of the camera mount I use to ceiling mount my projector, my pj has been ceiling mounted using a maplins camera mount for the past 3 yrs but I thought it could use a bit more clearance from the ceiling. Got this one from gardiner security, they only do 2 mounts so just ask for the largest one, cost £10.00 and is very strong , i screwed it to the ceiling in my garage for testing and managed to lift myself off the ground without it breaking ( i weigh 105 kilos) so plenty in hand for a 5-8kg projector. Of course youll have to make your own fixing plate, made mine from 1.5mm aluminium plate and bolted the mount straight though the middle. The mount is 6 inches long so it gives enough breathing room whilst keeping the pj close to the ceiling. A cheap alternative to the overpriced (in my opinion) mounts available out there.Added a pic comparing size of bracket to a standard coffee mug as it looks a bit small and weedy in the 1st pic, it is in fact very strong.

Attached Files:

2. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    Well done, there are certainly many DIY alternatives to the overpriced (IMO too) mounts available commercially and this is another one. Best I've seen is the "bolt straight to the ceiling" technique!
    ...PJ :)

3. john59

john59

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Fallwood have you got a contact number for the gardiner security company please.
    Great idea by the way, well done.
    Regards.
    John.

4. fallwood

fallwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi, just go to the web site www.gardinersecurity.co.uk and it lists all the UK branches , I will dig out the receipt for the product code to make it a bit easier to order. They are a bit funny about selling to the general public but I have a trade account with them, if you have any trouble I can order one for you.

5. sbowler

sbowler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +487
    just mounted my pannie 700 under ceiling joist in loft. Used an ajustable VCR bracket from Argos, the type you bolt under the tv wall mounted brackets.
    Its just the right size, it just takes the 10cm depth of the projector, and it only cost £15.00

6. john59

john59

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Cheers Fallwood.
    Catch you later, send me a PM when you find the receipt.
    Regards.
    John.

7. john59

john59

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    " Of course youll have to make your own fixing plate, made mine from 1.5mm aluminium plate and bolted the mount straight though the middle. The mount is 6 inches long so it gives enough breathing room whilst keeping the pj close to the ceiling."

Have you got a picture of the ali plate you made and the complete thing built up? .
    Regards.
    John.