1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheap all in one advice

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by hobbit, Jun 25, 2004.

1. hobbit

hobbit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone help me with some advice for a reasonably decent all in one dvd system that doesnt cost more than about £200?

I am hoping to use it to play music cds in my lounge as well as DVDs so one that produces a good sound for music would be great.

Anything out there available at this price?

2. sapper44

sapper44

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    Have you not looked at the Eltax Nova Home Theatre System thread seem pritty good for the money.

3. zoodemon

zoodemon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi just got one of these systems from digital point for £170 delivered.
    Has multi-region dvd with built in amp, plus 5 sats and a sub.
    It's nicely made, easy to setup as it's all colour coded, plenty of speaker cable on the rears, think i could put the rears in my neighbours flat lol.
    The manual actually tells you how to adjust the sound settings and more to the point it sounds and looks good. I've turned the sub to lowest level as the speakers sound pretty basey anyway. You can also compress the sound to reduce variation in noise levels ie speech and music, so you're not fumbling with the remote all the way through films.
    Been watching glastonbury with the system and it's wicked if still a little too basey. It's not exactly hifi quality but better than spending £170 on a hifi that's for sure, plus you get a free dvd player woohoo. give it 4.5 out of 5.