• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

cheap active sub or mono amp?

DejayT

Standard Member
Hi all,

Having just acquired an Okyo SR576 receiver, although mightily impressed I was annoyed to find that the sub out is not amped, line out only. So either my 300w (max) LG passive sub box needs a mono amp, or I need a powered sub.

Having searched the internet for either one of the above I have come up with a nothing so far, eBay or otherwise.

I figure I really don't need a high quality amp, just something that can put out 50-75w rms for under £75 (already spent my budget on the 576 lol) or an active sub for same.

either new or used is fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

dwhite

Distinguished Member
Hi DejayT, taking my advice i see:)

Have you had a look at the offers at the top of this forum, seem to be a few in your price range. Not really a recommendation but perhaps give you a start.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom