1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheap 5.1 system please help!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by sambobo, Apr 27, 2005.

1. sambobo

sambobo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi guys.

I've got myslef a pioneer 575 dvd player and a ps2 and gamecube, at the moment ive got them hooked up to a set of pc speakers (creative d5100 i think)

The sound is surprisingly good with these cheap speakers but they wont accept 6 channel analogue input from the dvd player, which i want to use for 5.1 SACD playback. So what is my cheapest alternative? does anyone know of a cheap (under £150) set of allinone speakers that will take coxial, optical and 6 analogue inputs? or am i gonna have to by a cheap 5.1 amp and some speakers for it? and if so does anyone know of the best deal.

thanks

sam

2. thelordmagus

thelordmagus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    To be honest, I don't see why you would go through the hassle of buying multi channel SACDs (more expensive than standard CDs, but not always) and then only buy a cheap set of standalone active speakers to listen to them...

It's like buying a Gran Torino and replacing the engine with a lawnmover's...

I can't remember any of these all in one products accepting anything else than either stereo phono plugs and coax/optical digital.

3. sambobo

sambobo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    well i want to listen to some music in 5.1 but cant afford to spend £500+ on a bunch of speakers. for films and games the speakers ive got do the trick fine.