cheap 5.1 acoustic energy set up.

avnutter said:
:thumbsup: acoustis energy are doing the last of the aesprit range of speakers for an amazing price. a full 5.1 package worth originally 1895 now down to 450.
i,ve just taken deliveryt of some and the build quality looks suberb. not tested yet because the cinema room is not ready.
http://www.acoustic-energy.co.uk/products/bstock.htm

Do you have any scratches, marks etc?

Rob.

Nice one for pointing this out avnutter, I had seen them a little while back when they were selling off a-stock, but these b-stock prices are superb :thumbsup:
I just ordered 1 pair of 309's in black, and another pair in maple (not both for me!!) at £149.95 per pair delivered, not bad for £700 pounds worth (originally) of speaker :)
I was going to opt for the 307 centre as well, but it's even wider than my current aegis one, which is a little on the big side for my cabinet as it is :( AE told me that the aegis centre would be the next best thing to match with the Aesprit 309's so hopefully I'll be OK.
Out of interest, how long did yours take to arrive avnutter? I was told within a week.

Maybe they haven't anymore, just that I'd heard they retailed for around £700, but had never seen them on sale anymore since the aelites had been out.
Four days - can't wait ;)

I am surprised you managed to get some in black.

I went in there 2 weeks ago to have a look at them, and they only had maple and cherry left.

Well done mate if you have. :clap:

Well when I mailed them earlier they said they had about 5 pairs of either maple or cherry. My friend wanted black so I asked about these and the guy said he had one pair left!! I phoned my order through about an hour or so later and the lady didn't say that they were out of stock. Hope they had them...... :rolleyes:

Looks like a great deal, just hope they have some left on Moday as I think I will go for these!!

Well have ordered a set and am picking them up this morning!!

Thanks to the OP!!!

Don't suppose you could pick mine up while you're there!!!!??

Still waiting on mine :(

Hopefully they'll come today :)

Its daft actually they wouldnt reduce the price for me collecting and they were saying it was a 14+ day wait for delivery??

As I am only 5 miles down the road thought I might as well collect!!

Hallsy said:
Don't suppose you could pick mine up while you're there!!!!??

Still waiting on mine :(

Hopefully they'll come today :)

let us know what they sound like. mine are are still boxed away waiting for cinema room. well done for gettin them.

Will do.

Also worth mentioning that these are definately brand new!! Have had a look (will set up when I get an amp!) and they look great!!

avnutter said:
let us know what they sound like. mine are are still boxed away waiting for cinema room. well done for gettin them.

Thta's good to hear, what did you go for in the end, and what colour?
Can't wait to get mine - I opted for a pair of maple AE309's in the end, was contemplating cherry but hadn't seen enough pictures of them in that colout to be sure.

Went for the full 5.1 set in maple.

Going to spend tomorrow getting it all sorted!! :clap:

How do these bad boys compare to the Acoustic energy Ego series? and do you think it's worth shelling out for the sub considering I already have the Velo-CHT10r? :)

Oh dear, it seems the bubble may have burst :(

Was expecting them to be here by the end of this week so dropped them a mail to confirm that I would have them by tomorrow, or if there was some kind of delay.

I am then informed that they have no recollection of our order or name!! Even though I had mentioned it in previous emails to confirm that the black & maple pair ordered were actually available and the guy had responded saying that the order was being put through that day (monday)!!

The only thing I'm hoping is that he thinks we ordered by email/fax, rather than telephone and perhaps is checking on the wrong system, as all my contact has been by email so perhaps he thought I had emailed the order to him.

I hope this gets sorted :(

Nope, clarified this morning that they have 'lost' our order!! How the **** can they lose an order!!?? I told them all details on time, date order was placed, that we spoke to a foreign lady. Surely if they have lost it on system they could at least chedck with the person who fits the description that we placed the order with!!?? So obviously credit card details are just floating 'lost' around the sales office somewhere!! ****ing ****s :(

Apparently we have to palce the order again, and I was mailed a web order form. We phoned the order through initially as my friend didn't want to put his card details ina n email, so how can I bes ure that if we phone through again that the order will actually get placed?

This has really ****** me off, especially as I had spoken to the guy before about the order and he hadn't said anything. Muppets.

Yea but trust me they are worth it!!

Installed mine yesterday and they look superb, just waiting for my amp and I can give a review on the sound!!

mrapbp said:
Yea but trust me they are worth it!!

Installed mine yesterday and they look superb, just waiting for my amp and I can give a review on the sound!!

Was looking at these - these seem very tasty at this price - if any are left I really feel like getting hold of some !!! Was wondering how they would sound for just playing my MP3 music collection, would the 309's just do the job on there own ? or would I need the 308 also ? Any thoughts ?

Thanks

:thumbsup:

Welllll, I just ordered a 7.1 setup in maple :thumbsup:
All I need now is an amp, err, a plasma screen and a dvd player :eek:

Well I have just finishing my initial setup and I must say they sound superb!!

Am still getting to grips with my new amp and the settings etc but so far am very impressed.

Sounds better than my previous setup and has cost me about a 3rd as much!!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom