1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheap 20w gu10's

Discussion in 'Smart Home, Climate Control & Security Forum' started by sean.pittaway, Mar 16, 2005.

1. sean.pittaway

sean.pittaway
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Title says it all really...

We have loads of spots scatered around the house, 50 is way to bright, 35 will do, but 20 is perfect...

Price wise, Ikea do 35w bulbs for 1.10 but i cant find any 20w ones anywhere near this price.

Can anyone help?

Cheers, Sean.

2. mrdimmer

mrdimmer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    be careful when using cheap GU10's if you are dimming them. Most will blow up dimmers when they blow.

3. sean.pittaway

sean.pittaway
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Cheap is relative, i dont see any reason to spend £7.50 on 2 bulbs from B&Q :)

The 35W ones from ikea seam fine, they have been in for a while and no problems so far, it was jsut that i wanted to drop the wattage down to 20W.

After searching around, the best price i found was at http://www.ricamstore.co.uk/

They are "Pluslite, Grade A 2000 Hour Lamp, 36° Flood 20 Watt" and are 1.60 each, all individually boxed.

Order was proccessed quickly, and the box arrived at my house un-mollested by the delivery men :)