Cheap 19 inch LCD TV/Wrong price ???

R

rayer

For some reason, PC World are selling the Samsung SyncMaster 910 MP for only £249. On line it is approx £380.
On every web site it says it is 8ms but in PC world they say it is 25ms.
I questioned the 25ms in PCworld and they said that if it was 8ms it would not be at that price. So I bought one and low and behold it is 8ms.
700:1 contrast 350 cd Excellent 19 in screen, Remolt Control, Picture in Picture, TV Tuner, Scart S Video Component etc, Teletext all for only £249.
:clap:

A message for PC World :oops:

I got one 2 happy days by the way PC world have the totally wrong spec. I only wanted it for my bedroom were the physical size mattered more than the screen size.

The next model up would of been nicer though (1930) that about £400 though.

Coley

Hi

Presume it comes with stand but is it standard wall mountable?? ie will it take a bracket?

thks
peter

Is the TV tuner analogue or digital? I would like to avoid using a set-top box to get freeview.

Thanks

for info....
if you search the corporate website it has the user manuals online

rgds
peter
thks for tip ...going to pc world on my way home...

comes with a stand, no freeview though, and is a standard 100 wallmount not supplied.

I must say I have this tv running off a Humax 8000T freeview box and the pic is superb. No blocks or noticable ghosting footy looks good 2. I had the Aldi 32" set and took it back because of the poor freeview picture.

Only 2 gripes the first is that the headphone socket is round the back and maybe the picture is a little dark which I think is down to the contrast ratio. But for a bedroom this tv is exactly what I wanted. So I hope this helps.

Regards Coley

I'm not sure how accurate the response time specification is. Many manufacturers are now quoting response times as grey-to-grey instead of the ISO standard of black-to-white-to-black (Tr+Tf, time to rise/fall). The former can be half or less of the latter.

E.g. the Samsung 172X uses the LTM170EX panel. This used to be quoted as a 12ms response time (the ISO response time), now suddenly it's 8ms. As it's a TN+Film panel, the Tr and Tf times are not similar (i.e. it's asymmetrical).

A similar thing happened to the LG L172WT which uses the LG-Philips LM171W03 panel. The 25ms ISO response has now become 12ms grey-to-grey. This is an IPS panel so Tr is roughly equal to Tf. In this case, LG-Philips simply changed the definition of response time rather than the specs of the panel.

Thanks for the explanation there Jon I knew there was something fishy going on with these response times. Who can you trust these days?

Regards Coley

rayer said:
For some reason, PC World are selling the Samsung SyncMaster 910 MP for only £249. On line it is approx £380.
On every web site it says it is 8ms but in PC world they say it is 25ms.
I questioned the 25ms in PCworld and they said that if it was 8ms it would not be at that price. So I bought one and low and behold it is 8ms.
700:1 contrast 350 cd Excellent 19 in screen, Remolt Control, Picture in Picture, TV Tuner, Scart S Video Component etc, Teletext all for only £249.
:clap:

A message for PC World :oops:

Just for the record this display does not have a component set of inputs.
Maybe the poster got mixed up with composite ?.

Drphibes

There is no component on the Samsung SyncMaster 910 MP but on the higher model the Samsung SyncMaster 930 MP there is I think thats were the confusion arises from.

Called on the way home ..I got the only one at my local PC world...
Seems ok to me for the price......cant get used to the size of it yet compared to my 32 lcd screen..

any one know where to get wall brackets I need 2..

thks rayer for the info

regards
peter

well i just bought one as well, for the bedroom and i am well chuffed, much better picture than the 21 in mitsubishi crt,
also connected to my philips dvd hometheatre and it is a great compliment to this system :D

is this 16:9?

Nope, 4:3

Actually to be precise it's 5:4 as it's 1280x1024 with square pixels.

i have 2 of the 910mp ones.....

got them for the kids...

doesnt have dvi but responce time is 8ms.

where the 930mp does have dvi..... but 25ms responce.

great for 19" pc monitor...

tv screen for ps2

tv with freeview box attached...

keeps them both happy !

peace !!

jon2099 said:
Actually to be precise it's 5:4 as it's 1280x1024 with square pixels.

Yes and its really hard getting used to it too. Is there a service menu for this tv?

Regards Coley

I just looked on the PC World website, and the only one they have on there for that price is 15". Have they stopped selling the 19"?

i got my 2 from dixons...

£329.99 each....

few pounds cheaper on ebuyer...
but with past experience with ebuyer i wont buy anything else from them.

mind you time u add on the P&P it dearer then dixons was.

but wow after looking on there site. at the prices..

instore price £279.99
web exclusive £249.00

http://www.dixons.co.uk/martprd/sto...0&category_oid=-21716&fm=null&sm=null&tm=null

thats a good price...

Just picked one up today, I love it!

I bought one last week , does anyone know how to remove the stand ? I cannot find it in the manual

Thanks

Andy

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom