chasing cables into wall???

LLcoolDave

Established Member
Reaction score
right then! im sorted.
thanks to everyone, especially hornydragon!
gonna get the pw6 tommorrow from richer sounds-gonna get a 2 year warranty.
the sound is taken care of by yam dspax750 amp. runnin the tv through an analogue cable box for the time being, gonna upgrade to a sky dig box in the future.
i take it i need a switch/converter box.
and heres my question- what cables do i need to run to the screen?? and i have to chase these into the wall?? do i need any containment or just plaster over the top??
again, many thanks for the advice

cheers :beer:

what terminal boards are you going to get for the pw6, scart/component etc.?If you chase the wall out then put some electrical ducting in this will allow you to remove or replace cables.The cables you need depend on which boards you buy for the pw6

bit new at this but i want to switch the screen between each input and the sound to follow. so its a dvd (scart) ps2 (scart) sky (scart,when its installed)and coax for the cable analogue (for terrestrial tv)
can i do this, and sent to screen via component??
also an input from my computer would be good! though not essential.

any ideas??

You're barking up the wrong tree, you've just paid for a component video switching and upconverting amp. You can connect any video source to the amp, and make 1 component connection to the screen, no boards needed, none at all. What are you using to 'tune' the analogue cable? A VCR? Your DVD needs to be a component video one, and an s-video kit for the playstation is good, you will want a component video converter for sky when you get it.

MAW said:
You're barking up the wrong tree, you've just paid for a component video switching and upconverting amp. You can connect any video source to the amp, and make 1 component connection to the screen, no boards needed, none at all. What are you using to 'tune' the analogue cable? A VCR? Your DVD needs to be a component video one, and an s-video kit for the playstation is good, you will want a component video converter for sky when you get it.
i thought the pw6 only had a vga connection,you have to add the component via the input boards

MAW said:
But the VGA port on the 6 series can be set in the menu to take component video
nice one just about to buy one it will save me some money and i was looking at the 750 to, what does the 750 upconvert s video or rgb

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom