1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Charmed Night Ruined By Logo's

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Family Guy, Mar 3, 2002.

1. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have been looking forward to the new season of Charmed on Living for some time now. Heart FM in London has been building up to it for the last week. It's splattered all over Cult Times. Sat down to watch it last night. Watched 5 minutes and turned off!! Not because of the quality of the show, but because of a bloody great 4 inch logo that changed every 5 seconds from LIVING to CHARMED NIGHT!! It made me feel physically sick. To think that someone actually thought that this was a good idea makes me wonder why I pay these idiots £44 a month. If this is the development that my extra £10 a month for Sky+ is paying for, then I'd sooner just have the 4 (where I live - still no channel 5!!) terresterial channels.
    Anybody reading this post - do us all a favour. SIGN THE PETITION AT THE TOP END OF THIS SITE NOW!!!:mad:

2. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +855
    totally agree with you m8 - i didnt actually watch the programme myself, but if they start to do this on the programmes i DO pay my subscription for, then its bye bye sky from me.

what a bunch of plonkers

Dean

3. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,363
    Logic dictates if they were changing the logo from Living to Charmed Night, you would have to be paying attention to notice it, thus not on the program you want to watch. I do not pay a subscription to watch logos or to continually press the backup button every 5 seconds to get rid of interactive dots. Are these people idiots or trained subspecies! Or do they think the viewers are?

4. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    I saw a couple of those eps and thought what the fudge is next. I know a load of us complain and make jokes about the future but damn. It use to be 'just' Living onscreen, now Livingtv.
    Oh Garrett, and anyone else, don't know if you saw the post on HCC news, but if you haven't got your phone line connected at wall you can hit the red button on remote then quickly hit the backup button and you'll not get the red onscreen button reappearing after ads.;)

5. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,363
    encaser
    Done that with it connected and it has worked, but what about when you go out and tape a program, or swap channels or look for info in the tv guide.
    Thank for the tip anyway even though I knew it.

6. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +855
    yep, i employ this technique before starting a tape for 2 hours on monday nights - enterprise, followed by dark angel - works a treat.

thanks to the tip from someone on this forum (cant remember who). actually sky should be thanking that person, cos i was ready for packing sky in if i had to put up with that red dot on all my recordings.

Dean

7. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Don't get me wrong, Garrett, I'm not happy about poncing about. Playing with remotes at ad breaks is bad enough but as you say throw in the mix of surfing channels during ads etc. and yep back to fury. Oddly the red dot trick didn't work when I had the phone line on the go. I remember tutting and saying those beeps at Sky have done a work-around. It was only when I thought what the hell have I got the line in for all the time that I removed it and the trick worked.
    What also gets my goat is people stilll refusing to complain about the dogs. I got some people from a C4 forum to sign the petition, but there were still those going, "I can't see what the fuss is about" or "I only have terrestrial and it don't affect us" even after you tell them what has/is in US and is coming here all the time.
    I think it's a bit like propoganda for the channels who'll win favour by generations who grow up with dogs and won't care so much.
    As for taping stuff to keep when out, the horror of those 4 minute ads. That was a real eye opener when I first got Sky. I said I'd never get it years ago because of the dogs alone would spoil taping! Time seems the main selling points over terrestrial, that and the odd exclusive. No wonder dvd for series is such a catcher nowadays. Damn I feel old.:rolleyes:

8. rookx

rookx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The problem with the charmed logo was that it kept changing and so grabbed your attention. In the end I gave up watching and watched the new episode a few nights later when there was only the static logo.

What I want to know is why they have to be in the top of the picture on some shows you lose the plot when a characters head vanishes behind a logo.

9. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    As far as I can remember the UK ones always have been topside - anyone?
    We have the Yanks to thank for the damn things, but yes I often think at least they tend to put them at the bottum and often less pervasive to. But there you go. Sky won't budge.