1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Charlies Angels.....

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by swartzy, May 17, 2001.

1. swartzy

swartzy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +650
    You know I once thought that tongue and cheek films had to have a small amount of reality until I watched Mission Impossible 2 and thought it was an absolutely awful film....but I take it back ...Charlies Angels is even worse....

:)swartzy :)

2. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I also found MI:2 dissappointing, somehow the movie was lacking something though part I was IMHO even worst.
    Charlie's Angels was ok, at least some kind of fun to watch (saw it at the cinema) - perhaps because I went with my gf!?
    Wouldn't want to buy any of those on DVD ...

In fact I can't remember to have seen any really good or exciting movie at the cinema recently.
    Sure, some aren't bad or rather good, but none came close to my favs like 'The Rock', 'The 5th Element', 'Face/Off' or 'The Matrix' for example. :(

3. swartzy

swartzy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +650
    Reiner,
    Have you seen The Contender yet? I thought this was a good political thriller starring Jeff Bridges in the role of U.S. President with all the corruption that the office holds.Worth watching if you like this type of genre of film.

4. Len

Len

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Re: The Contender
    Good film with regard to acting... but the whole plot hinges on a ridiculous concept. [Politician with conscience?] Not only that if you watch the extras and the scenes they cut out it shows they were flying by their coat tails... They must have realised the plot was untenable because she would of course have told her dying father the truth, [and of course her husband, the president etc etc.] Shame really but still well worth watching ... as for MI2 yeah it's pap... but I quite enjoyed it.

5. swartzy

swartzy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +650
    Hey Len,
    Sorry you did not enjoy "The Contender" as much as I did but I suppose quite rightly every man is entitled to his own taste.As for Mission Impossible 2 ....definitely in the Batman genre of film...totally unbelievebly too far fetched to even get into(but it is only aan opinion of course)some people may have liked this film which is O.K. with me.

regards

6. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Not seen 'The Contender' yet, in fact never heard about it before - may check it out when I find it somewhere on VCD.

As for MI:2 I found it too far off the original idea (teamplay and not a new James Bond) and somehow the story wasn't that great either.
    Some of the stunts were of course quite nice or impressive, but that alone doesn't make a good movie.

'The Art of War' is another of those recent dissappointments, took a risk and bought it as DVD but just couldn't get me excited ...

[ 19-05-2001: Message edited by: Reiner ]