• We are currently running a full reindex on the database following a problem yesterday morning (Thursday 5th December).
    This will take a few hours to complete and during this time, search results will be incomplete or non-existant. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Charlie's Angels Review & Comments

dr no

Absolutely pointless reboot
One to avoid me thinks

DrHarvey12

Doesn't sound like you disliked it as much as a few of the reviews I have seen. Probably one I'll watch when it comes to streaming platforms. Hopefully with expectations lowered I might find some things to enjoy about it!

Coulson

My teenage male gaze was the only reason I watched the originals.
To be fair that was the whole point of those films lol
This will be another 'go woke, go broke' flop without doubt.
Too late.
It grossed a paltry 8 million dollars on it's entry. Ford vs Ferrari got 31 meelion dollars :)

1080 jawbreaker

your in trouble when the trailer looks dire, come on, if you cant cut a trailer together to make it look any good you know its gonna be a turd. Even the poster art has sh*te written all over it.

Coulson

your in trouble when the trailer looks dire, come on, if you cant cut a trailer together to make it look any good you know its gonna be a turd. Even the poster art has sh*te written all over it.
They made a film specifically not for men. No problem. But then you can't really be surprised if none turn up. The other problem is that women didn't go to see it either. Maybe they forgot that the Twilight crowd have grown up.
As stated above, the trailer didn't help.

adbmaus

I don't know what film Kumari watched, but I'm convinced we didn't see the same thing. BUT THEN...Kumari is the audience, so there's that.

bootyman81

Distinguished Member
A 6 felt about right, I did have fun with it though, forgettable fluff, some nice performances from KS & NS, Balinska has some good physicality, she’s very statuesque and works well in action scenes but her acting needs some work though.
the post credit scenes were cool too!

barnaby jones

Distinguished Member
Serviceable, not as ludicrously fun as the McG incarcerations (although this does nicely tie into all the previous Angel outings) the main trio lack much personality (and acting skills), surprisingly Kirsten Stewart probably fares best.
My old work chum Sam Clafin is fun but Patrick Stewart steals the show.
Watchable, but forgettable.
5.5/10

Kev Greenhalgh

your in trouble when the trailer looks dire, come on, if you cant cut a trailer together to make it look any good you know its gonna be a turd. Even the poster art has sh*te written all

It's not really surprising that certain "stuff" fails when illiterate morons have access to broadband.

Derek S-H

Distinguished Member
One of the members on here thinks the previous film incarnations are crimes against Art and should be nuked out of existence.

I quite liked them myself. :blush: This, however, does not appeal.

nheather

Distinguished Member
Surprised Ariana Grande would want anything to do with violence and blowing things up - clearly money cures all. :)

Cheers,

Nigel

sdw

The McG CA films were fun if forgettable - this was just plain bad - the 3 main actors not much persoanlity in their characters. As others have said Patrick Stewart seems to be the only one who seems to be having fun.

McNab

I was surprised by Mark Kermode's review of this. But then deep down, I wasn't (probably why I don't listen to him any more).

When he opened with "Directed by Elizabeth Banks, who is a force for change in Hollywood" it really set the tone.