Charlie's Angels (I hope my mini-review persuades you to watch it )

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by dUnKle, Mar 25, 2001.

1. dUnKle

dUnKle
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,304
    before I go any further let me just say that before you do be prepared to overlook plot holes and be prepared to have fun, because that is exactly what this film is.

For the first time in a long time I have actually sat down and had fun and enjoyed a film. It has a fair few holes in its plot but who cares, movies are meant to be entertaining and Charlie's Angels sure entertains !

It opens with a great drum n' bass version of the TV theme and within seconds it is taking the **** out of itself ( the joke about TJ HOOKER !! ) Its in these opening moments you will see just how low your bass can go and how impresive your sytem should sound. Its very MTV but this is not a bad thing, this is NO Avengers movie.

The opening is very fast and action packed and almost from the beginning any fan of being entertained should find themselves smiling. This film could easily have been a teen boys **** fest but its not, yes each one of the cast female leads are stunning but I think the point is that they are supposed to be and they also work at there roles.

There is plenty of action and I would go as far as saying that the fight scenes beat that of THE MATRIX ( I have yet to see CTHD ! ) The first real fight scene is played out to the class Prodigy track, Smack My Bitch Up and it is very well constructed.

Like I say if you just want a fun action movie that you can watch over again ( its one of those under 100min movies, which seem to be the film equivalant of a milky way ) then you could do far worse than this.

One other thing you will also see from this is no matter how good the upcoming Spiderman movie is, he has never looked so good as he does in this !!!!!!

------------------
    You don't have to have a huge screen or the biggest speakers to have a true home cinema. Many people have lost the point in the middle of this boom of technology. At the end of the day it all boils down to the FILMS!!!

"You're one ugly motherf**ker."

2. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    I'm still undecided.
    I hated The Avengers and this does smack of that.
    However, I will give it a chance.
    I'm not a fan of US comedy in things like this so it will be 50/50.
    But thanks for the review, quite helpful.

Now 2 things.

First, get yourself over to PTM Bradley's chat forum.

And second, yes your tag line is half of the film going experience, but the gear is the other half.
    It's the same arguement in HiFi in that it's the music that matters. But I've never been convinced by those arguements. Pride of ownership, euipment abilities, perceived value of film/audio from the gear etc etc, the list is endless, all contribute to the overall experience.
    That's all I'll say, I've read all the other comments. Just thought I'd let you know mine quickly.

------------------
    Douch!!......Wot's da madder, da CIA got you pushing too many penzils?

Work: www.hughes-tv.co.uk

3. dUnKle

dUnKle
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,304
    No Charlie's Angels is very good, not out and out comedy but there are a few things ( the great Bill Murry being one ! ) that make you smile and laugh, it also has to be one of THE best DVDs available for a quick demo of your system.

The Drum N' Bass music goes very very low and the sound is impressive from start to finish, its worth £17 surely ! I would say that if you like THE MATRIX and like to smile you will like this,

As a side note, for General, is your quote from Predator ? If so should it not be Dillon rather than Douch ? Or am I wrong ?

Oh and the chat forum is a great idea but I have been working nights the last week and so missed it, when are the meetings ?

4. ptmbradley

ptmbradley
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Follow the instructions in my signature. [​IMG]

As for Charlie's Angels, I know it's just a jolly old pi** take, but I still thought it was one of the worst films I've seen in a while. Almost as bad as MI:2. [​IMG]

But maybe I'm just getting old. I tend to prefer a meaty courtroom drama these days!

Ptm

------------------
    Join the Home Cinema Chat Yahoo Club!
    Email [email protected] for an invite.

5. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    It should go :-

'Dillon! You Son of a B***h! (Then gratuitous muscle slap, ie Douch), What's da madder, da CIA got you pushing too many penzils?'

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

You should know that, you've got the disc on DVD and PAL LD!!!!

Next chat 8pm tonight. But I just go along any old time to see who's there.

------------------
    Douch!!......Wot's da madder, da CIA got you pushing too many penzils?

Work: www.hughes-tv.co.uk

[This message has been edited by General Skanky (edited 25-03-2001).]

6. garliadr

garliadr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Has anyone else noticed the change in music volume of "smack my bitch up" when watching in DD5.1. It seems a lot quieter than DD2.0. For once I prefer watching a scene in DD2.0 than DD5.1.