1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Charlies Angels - Full Throttle

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by FoxyMulder, Oct 29, 2003.

1. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just watched it earlier and although not upto the standard of the first film it entertained me, i switched brain off sat down with lights off and found myself enjoying it.

Sound quality could have been more open and detailed i felt it was a lot of boom boom boom and not enough clarity, i'm wondering if a DTS track would rectify this.

If you like the first ur liked this one and i was surprised to find myself liking Bernie Mac and not missing Bill Murray, Demi Moore was good too but the Thin Man was underused, i loved the opening sequence but the main problem was the storyline was weaker than the first film and had less laughs but still id give it 7 outta 10 for a fun nights entertainment as long as u disengage brain and accept it for wot it is which is eye candy entertainment.

2. jelly

jelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    did you watch the unreted one im watching mine to nite what about the stripper scene mmmmmmmmm drew mmmmmmmlucy mmmmmmmmm cameron

3. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeh unrated and love the pink panther music they use for that scene lol

4. dean randle

dean randle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Finally purchased this movie last week, all on the basis of the quality of the trailer off another disc viewed on my Sanyo projector. It was awesome. Only when I played the disc, the picture quality is very disappointing. Not nearly as sharp, and the colours when Drew and Lucy are wearing the red/blue/yellow outfits during the surfing scene appear wrong too. So I wondered if maybe it had been better on the trailer as the disc it was on was an ntsc reg1 title? Only when I checked out the extras on the Full Throttle disc, it was there! And again the quality was amazing.
    Half of me wonders if this is some kind of purposeful ploy by Columbia to make the upgrade to their Superbit titles a little more obvious to the eye.
    Thankfully, I only paid £5 for the disc at Dixons, Gatwick Airport. Still doesn't take away the disappointment though.

Dean.

If anyone is interested, my DVD player is a Samsung HD745, upscaled to 720p through DVI.

5. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    I think you've hit the nail squarely on the head there. :smashin:

This is exactly what Columbia does. :thumbsdow

6. Howard0000

Howard0000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    I agree. I watched it sometime ago and was underwhelmed by the soundtrack too. Didn't sound very dynamic or detailed

7. lurker75

lurker75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can't remember what I thought of sound quality but I have to say that I enjoyed Charlie's Angels full-throttle a lot more than the original. Having said that I thought the original was complete cr*p. Although I wouldn't mind seeing the unrated version, it's just a pity you can't get it in the UK as I would definitely rent it out but I couldn't justify buying it for a few more sexy sequences to such a mediocre film.

8. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    The best thing about the Charlies Angels movies is their use of Prodigy music in my opinion and a few other songs on the soundtrack. I'm all for watching mindless popcorn flicks (I enjoyed Van Helsing for what it was, and many other action flicks), but I didn't enjoy the Charlies Angels films as much as I wanted to. They were fun up to a point, but some of it just didn't gel with me.

There were some great moments, the alleyway fight and the car chase in the first movie, and the shipyard scene in the second. Any scene with Chad in number one had me in stitches too :).

John Cleese was welcome in the second movie, but was left with not much else to do apart from the odd Basil Fawlty moment of confusion. Demi Moore was soooooooooooooooooo hot though :D :devil:

Fun moments, but some things really annoyed me, I know the fight scenes were OTT, but the first big fight scene in Full Throttle was just going too far, the weird guy with the hair fetish, I think they could have explored his character further in the end, instead of doing what they did with him at the end of Full Throttle and the car chase with the Cobra.....man, that should have been waaaay longer, had the potential to be an awesome car chase scene.

Fun, but could have been sooooo much better.

9. Mr Bump

Mr Bump

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Terrible film and a terrible disc. A friend lent me the non Superbit version and the Edge Enhancement was horrific!! Just try watching the bike scene - it's like someone has drawn all around them with magic marker pen!! Dunno if they removed this for the Superbit - one would hope so!!

10. Howard0000

Howard0000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    I agree with Mr Bump... .Can't decide which was worse, the film itself or the quality of the picture and sound :(