1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Charlie and the CRT factory

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Zacabeb, Apr 26, 2002.

1. Zacabeb

Zacabeb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Philips have a fetish for saying the Panasonic and Philips CRT's are identical and made in the same factory. I now have startling proof Philips are actually telling the truth!

On the surface it appears the two companies have separate factories, MDDG in Esslingen and LG.Philips in Aachen. But let's take a closer look:

[​IMG]
    Map generated with Microsoft AutoRoute Express 98

What you see plotted on the map is a typical driving route between the two factories. What you do not see on the map is the 500km long secret tunnel that connects the two factories and makes them one.

The secret tunnel begins behind a secret door in a cafeteria at MDDG, secretly passes under the city of Stuttgart and makes a detour to Heidelberg, where a secret door leads to a nice little Wirtshaus. The tunnel then continues passing under Ludwigshafen and Idar-Oberstein (where, for various reasons the tunnel is not a secret), before ending up at a secret door leading into a cafeteria at LG.Philips.

So as you can see, technically it is the same factory.

The reason the CRT's made in either end of this interesting factory look so different, is actually that they are so precisely similar, so identical in fact, that alone makes them look different. They should have the same performance regardless of how they look or which oompa-loompies assembled them.

So maybe it's time I rest my case against Philips.

2. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    I think it's plainly obvious that Mr Zacabeb - if that is your real name! - has received a call very late at night with threats administered. And this is why he is now being silenced and forced to add this lame "How wrong I was" type statement with graphical 'proof'.
    Everyone knows Charlie was a Commie and the Chocolate Facory was a front for the Secret Service HQ. You'll have to do better than that Mr 'Zacabeb' to convince us that Philips are trustworthy:clown:

3. ums69

ums69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    He He He nice map, and I wonder if we should send it to LG.Philips Displays Headoffice...

Wow, this Philips-Cybertube/Panasonic-Quintrix F discussion about quality between tubes are getting better and better in the sense of close businesspartnerrelationship which indeed have problem because of so different products in the same BIG factory.

I wonder how long distance there are between Aachen and Esslingen. Is it close enough to say that Philips and Panasonic have the biggest factory in Europe.....World.

Mayby all this Cybertubeadvertisement from Philips are false and
    Panasonic make the RealFlat tube XXXX.

Anyway, I really like the information I got and now I can make Philips take some responsibility about their own Panasonic products.:p

You will se what I mean soon....:mad:

4. spikeyboy3

spikeyboy3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hehehe i like it - well looks like Philips have just lost a loyal customer in me - i have always had a Philips TV and was all ready to Purchase the 36PW9607C - but ive just been along to my local Comet (dont say a word:)) and saw the TV and it DID have the dots either side of the screen - the really sad thing is that they shine really bright as well so you can see them - like a pixel each side of the screen - really annoying.

Now unless i can find out if you can in fact get a 36PW9607 witha Philips tube i will not be buying one.

Spike

5. Zacabeb

Zacabeb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Oops, I forgot to mention that there are 10 golden 32PW9617's out there which have Philips tubes. He who buys one of those, wins a visit to the Philisonic factory to see the wonders that take place within.

6. ums69

ums69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anywon have Philips/Panasonictubes lottery tickets for sale ?

Yes !

Every store which have Philips TV for sale.

7. PrinceOfEgypt

PrinceOfEgypt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    You know what i just bought Panasonic 329617!!! This is such a rip off...
    I went to comet yesterday and looked at all their TV's...Even one of the Thomson widescreens had the two dots on either side, what is going on here?
    I am going to call Philips...